clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Goobye Seniors, Hello New E-board!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

It’s sad to see our Her Campus seniors graduate and make their way into the real world, especially with our chapter’s founder, Shannon Blackmer, graduating. However, out goes the old (sorry, you’re old now), and in comes the new! 

Introducing… Our Fall 2018 E-board!

President/Editor-in-Chief: Dorothy Mai

Year: Junior going into senior year

Major: Journalism 

A little bit about me: I am so excited to be the new President of Her Campus Stony Brook! It’s a huge responsibility and honor to be filling in the legacy of THE Shannon Blackmer but if she believes in me, I believe in me, too. I have been a part of Her Campus since my freshman year at Stony Brook and it has allowed me to grow so much as a person through the people I’ve met and the stories I’ve told through this outlet. I would’ve never thought I would be taking such a leadership role in such a wonderful organization, but here I am! I am pretty much an open book, so I look forward to what the future of Her Campus at Stony Brook entails!!

Vice President/Senior Editor: Felicia LaLomia 

Year: Senior (I’m graduating in December of 2019)

Major: Journalism

A little about myself: I am always in search of the perfect bite and the next fashion trend. I love long car rides with the perfect playlist and I think fresh cut grass is one of the worst scents. My preferred way to de-stress is a nice long run followed by a nice long shower. Blake Lively is my idol and my absolute favorite thing in the world is a nice hot chai tea latte from Starbucks.

Treasurer/Events Director: Samantha Noriega 

Year: Junior going into senior year

Major: Biology; Specializing in Neurobiology 

A little bit about myself: I am currently a Facebook correspondent for Her Campus Stony Brook and I am excited to be the Treasurer next semester! I’m a proud Latina who loves sharing new memes and pop culture references. I love to laugh and I’m always looking for the next great comedy on Netflix and Hulu. I plan on attending Nursing School after I graduate from Stony Brook. Although I love being apart of the STEM Field, I love exploring my creative side! I play four instruments and love drawing comics and portraits. If anyone ever needs a new show to watch, a good laugh, or even someone to talk to, I will always be there! I can’t wait to be a part of the new Her Campus E-board next year!

Secretary/Marketing & Publicity Director: Kailene De Leon

Year: Sophomore going into junior year

Major: Marine Sciences

A little bit about myself: I’m from the Bronx and I love playing my ukulele, retweeting memes and meeting new people. I speak two languages and I’m working on a third. A fun fact about me is that I know Big Rob’s rap from the Jonas Brothers’ song ‘Burning Up’ by heart.

Social Media Director: Antonia Brogna

Year: Junior going into senior year

Major: Journalism

A little bit about myself: Hi everyone, I’m Toni! I’m so excited to be this year’s Social Media Director. When I’m not working for Her Campus, I’m also part of Stony Brook’s Greek and Cypriot Student Association and the School of Journalism Advisory Board. I love to read, write, hike and hang out with my friends and family. I’m hooked on the Food Network and love buying plants (even though I don’t need anymore). I love being a part of Her Campus because I love helping empower women all around the world.

Undergraduate Representative: Hailey Greif 

Year: Sophomore going into junior year

Major: Psychology with a concentration in marketing

A little bit about myself: I was born and raised on Long Island, but traveling will always have my heart. I love going to Ecuador in South America where my mother is from, and this summer I am paddle boating down the Colorado River for 14 days for the second time in my life working as an assistant for my uncle who is a tour guide. I try to explore as much as I can, and am always down for a hike! Oh, and I love Her Campus. 

…and that’s our E-board! 

GOODBYE, seniors! You will be missed dearly. We hope you have the brightest futures ahead of you and that you take everything you’ve absorbed at Stony Brook and Her Campus to reach for the stars! You left this organization in good hands!

Dorothy Mai

Stony Brook '19

President/Editor-in-Chief
Her Campus Stony Brook Founder and Campus Correspondent Stony Brook University Senior Minnesotan turned New Yorker English Major, Journalism Minor