5 Ways To Prep Your Hair For Warm Weather

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.
Thank God for the arrival of spring! If you’re not a fan of winter, you’re probably just as excited as me for warm weather. But with warm weather comes warm weather hair problems, too. Your curls are frizzy, not flirty; your hair is hurricane blown, not wind-swept, and your bangs are clearly anything but light and feathery. Here are five ways you can make sure your hair looks as hot as the weather outside is! 

1. Deep condition regularly.
Your hair needs moisture if it’s going to survive the frizz-inducing ups and downs of your day. You might see a slight improvement after just one treatment, but turning this into a habit will produce better long-term results, so you won’t have to worry about thirsty hair for the entire season! 

2. Invest in cute headbands and hair ties.
Hair blowing in the wind fluidly like Pocahontas’s is cute. Hair blowing in your face and getting stuck in your lip gloss isn’t. The easiest way to remedy hair that’s clearly attracted to your face is by tying it up or pulling it back. Use this opportunity to buy pretty headbands and other hair accessories that help keep hair away from your face. They’re great assets to many cute outfits, and can often really bring a look together. 
3. Look into pretty braids.
Braids are another quick and easy way to get your hair to stop annoying you. There are many different types of braids you can try and even more ways you can show them off. You won’t even have to break a sweat worrying about how your hair looks. 

4. Get a quick trim. 
If you’re not a fan of your long hair weighing you down in the sweltering weather, consider losing a couple of inches. You’ll definitely have less hair to take care of and accommodate for. Plus, you’ll even be able to save some shampoo and conditioner! 

5. Grab the dry shampoo.
If you’ve sworn up and down that you’ll never be caught dead with greasy roots, then you’ll want to make sure that you can get your hands on your favorite brand of dry shampoo to soak up the excess oil while you soak up the sun!
Jasmin is a News Blogger at Her Campus and chapter member at Her Campus Stony Brook. She enjoys blogging, photography, exercising and super sharp eyeliner. Check out her college lifestyle blog Macarons & Mascara and follow her on Twitter @jay_su_
Her Campus Stony Brook Founder and Campus Correspondent Stony Brook University Senior Minnesotan turned New Yorker English Major, Journalism Minor