20 Fun and Interesting Questions to Ask Your Date

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

It can be both nerve wrecking and overwhelming when you’ve finally got that date with the guy or girl you’ve been eyeing during lectures, especially when you’re getting to know each other. No worries though because I’ve compiled this list of fun and exciting questions to ask instead of your “basic” ones. This way, you get to find out interesting facts about your crush and have a fun time doing so.​

1. What would you have majored in if it wasn’t for your current one and why?

2. What would you never want to major in and why?

3. If you could be any fruit, which one would you be and why?

4. If you had three wishes, what would they be?

5. If you could time travel back to an event in the past, what would it be?

6. What 3 things would you want to see in the future? Flying cars? Talking dogs?

7. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you want to live and why?

8. Which celebrity would you want to switch lives with?

9. What is your favorite and least favorite holiday and why?

10. What food could you eat for the rest of your life?

11. What mythical creature would you want to be and why?

12. What do you hope to achieve by 60 years old?

13. Which planet would you want to live on if you had to leave Earth?

14. Would you rather go snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef, go stargazing in the Sahara desert, ride an elephant in Thailand, go skydiving in California, or see the northern lights in Iceland?

15. What is your favorite saying or quote?

16. What song would you love to hear live?

17. What’s the most valuable lesson you’ve learned?

18. If you were given a million dollars, what would you do with it?

19. What do you do when you’re stressed?

20. What animal would you want as a pet?

Now, you’re set and all ready to kill that date. With these questions, you’re for sure going to catch your crush’s attention and get that second date. Enjoy!

Gif courtesy of Tenor

Jane Kim

Stony Brook

I'm currently an English major and love writing because it allows me to express myself in a way I can't verbally. I love to travel and food hop through different cities, so you'll usually always see me eating. I hope to write articles that'll express my opinions and values and resonate with readers, so enjoy!  
Her Campus Stony Brook Founder and Campus Correspondent Stony Brook University Senior Minnesotan turned New Yorker English Major, Journalism Minor