13 Things to Avoid on Friday the 13th

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

Classes and homework are taking over our lives that we might not even realize that Friday the 13 is approaching quickly this month. To make the rest of the month, semester, and our lives flow more easily, here are 13 things to avoid on Friday the 13! 

1. Changing your sheets

2. Passing a funeral procession

3. Cutting your hair

4. Cutting your nails

5. Starting a new job

6. Traveling

7. Moving to a new home

8. Getting married

9. Vowing your love under the moon

10. Going on a date

11. Spilling salt

12. Getting out of your bed with your left foot first

13. Going outside barefoot

Whether or not you believe in superstitions, why not take the safe route and follow the suggestions above for the day? Be smart, be safe and don’t make any silly mistakes.

I am a 6th year student at Stony Brook University, but I am graduating this semester! I'm working toward a degree in English with a minor in Writing and Rhetoric. My passion is driving me to seek out a career path in working with and bringing awareness to: feminism, gender inequalities, and women inequalities. I hope to do this through writing. That is why I joined the Her Campus Stony Brook family! Outside of school, I work as a gymnastics coach. I have a crazy dog at home and two spoiled cats.
Her Campus Stony Brook Founder and Campus Correspondent Stony Brook University Senior Minnesotan turned New Yorker English Major, Journalism Minor