Women’s Lacrosse Celebrates Senior Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

The women’s lacrosse team celebrated three senior captains this past Tuesday. The senior captains, Katie Wood, Sam Lynott and Sarah Galligan, were recognized for their leadership and athletic achievements this past Tuesday during their final home game against Assumption. The Skyhawks came up with a victory that night, beating Assumption 16-4, with the seniors combining for 9 goals.

(L-R) Head Coach Katie Conover, David and Donna Lynott, Samantha Lynott, Margaret Galligan, Sarah Galligan and Stephen Galligan, Patricia Wood, Kaitlyn Wood and Gerald Wood and assistant coach Janna Anctil.

Photo courtesy of: stonehillskyhawks.com

Kate McCarthy is  a senior at Stonehill College in Easton, Massachusetts. She is a Communications major and a journalism minor. Although she does not know what she wants to do when she graduates, her dream job is having her own talk show and becoming a one woman sensation, like Oprah. At Stonehill, you can find her  winning championships with her intramural basketball team, swimming laps in O'Hara Pond or reading James Patterson novels in the cafeteria. After a semester studying abroad in the Czech Republic, her main goal in life is to travel the world. She is currently interning in Los Angeles, at the Queen Latifah show.