Things We Love: The Farmer’s Daughter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

If you haven’t been to The Farmer’s Daughter you are missing out on some seriously delicious food, a great atmosphere and really, really good coffee… and if freshly brewed, locally grown coffee isn’t enough reason to get you out of bed on a Sunday morning then maybe the brunch menu will. 

Located just a three minute drive from campus on Main Street in Easton this local favorite has recently become the most well-loved restaurant by Stonehill students. All of the food is locally grown and organic in true farm-to-table style. The drinks are served in mason jars and the tea is brewed right in front of you. The Farmer’s Daughter has plans to expand into a full breakfast, lunch and dinner restaurant, and we can’t wait. Rumor has it there will even be a rooftop bar. 

My personal favorite is the Pesto Scrambler (pesto, scrambled eggs & tomato on your choice of toast, bagel or English muffin), but other popular menu items include The Stonehill (a breakfast sandwich topped your way), and Nutella Belgian Waffles (waffles drizzled with Nutella, toasted hazelnuts & fresh strawberries). You can forget about ever ordering crispy cubes at the caf after having a taste of the Crispy Smashed Potatoes at The Farmer’s Daughter. The mouthwatering brunch options will make the inevitable wait well worth it.

The Farmer’s Daughter is the perfect place to escape the craziness of Finals Week and de-stress before going home for the Holidays. The cozy and quaint decor coupled with bottomless tea and coffee only make extending your breakfast plans into lunch plans that much easier, so make sure to stop by before the semester ends!

Photos by Katherine Volpe

Kassie is currently a junior studying marketing at Stoneill College. She loves green tea, popcorn and her dog, Pumpkin.