Things We Love: Andrews Bakery and Cafe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

Pay with your Hillcard, get a free treat. If a free mini-brownie isn’t enough incentive to walk not even a minute off campus to Andrews Bakery then I don’t know what is. This little bakery/cafe is one of the areas hidden gems, and you really gotta try it. Owner Julie Andrews is a Stonehill grad, and loves having students stop by for lunch.  Julie has been serving up delicious sandwiches on homemade bread (among many other delicious soups and treats) for over thirty years, and believe me, she has perfected her craft. The quiche is exceptionally delicious. 

Don’t let the unassuming exterior of the Bakery fool you, the interior is cozy and inviting and it’s always a treat to see Julie working hard to craft you the perfect sandwich and serve you up a delicious homemade pastry. Popular among Stonehill students, Andrews offers a selection of great food at a good price, and you can even use your HillCard! The food here will have you avoiding the sandwich line at the caf for a long time, and the quiet setting gives you a great alternative to sitting at the library to get your homework done. 

Next time you are thinking of getting off campus, make sure you think of Andrews!

Be sure to like Andrews Bakery and Café on Facebook for updates and specials!

Photos Curtesey of Nicole Sciarra Photography 

Kassie is currently a junior studying marketing at Stoneill College. She loves green tea, popcorn and her dog, Pumpkin.