Tate Molaghan ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

This week’s Campus Celebrity is affectionately known around Stonehill’s campus as “the clapper”, or more informally, “that girl who claps a lot”. Students can hear her coming from a mile away as her slow claps quickly gather traction among her peers and turn into a full-on melody of clapping bliss. Read on to learn more about this clapping fanatic and all-around spirit raiser using her clapping to build further upon our great Stonehill community. 

Name: Tate “Wolf Mamma” Molaghan
Major: Business management and Environmental studies double major
Year: 2014

What activities are you involved in on campus? (clubs, sports, etc.).
Captain of womens Ultimate disc team, Environmental Stewardship Council, Students for Environmental Action

How did you fascination with clapping begin?
Since I was a child, I knew I’d grow up to be something special- an expert clapper. I’m actually trying to establish a solid clap-pack on campus.

How does it feel to be known as “The Clapper”?
It’s everything I wanted and more. When I hear someone say, “Isn’t that the girl who always claps?” I feel as though my mission in life has been accomplished. 

What do you think your clapping brings to the campus?
With clapping comes community building. When I’ve got my pack of clappers behind me, joyous noise and friendship fills the air. It is the closest I can get to a real-woman wolfpack.

How do you expect to expand your clapping reach in the future?
As I mentioned earlier, I want to register a clap-pack program on campus. Upon graduation, I plan on taking my clap-tastic skills to the streets.

Check the clapper caught in the clapping act below!

Meg Lewis

Stonehill

Meg Lewis is a senior at Stonehill College in Easton, MA. She is a Communication major and Journalism minor who hopes to one day be in the Public Relations field. She is as fashion obsessed as it gets, loves to style her friends, read the New York Times Style section on Thursdays and Sundays, and blog in her personal fashion site. Aside from fashion, her interets vary from perfecting the cream-to-coffee ratio in her morning cup of joe, YouTube videos of babies laughing, John Stewart, 90's Saturday Night Live, and unabashedly and continuously dominating her friends' social media feeds.