Love Your Melon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

Listen up collegiates, I have some important information to pass on to you!! If you are searching for some last minute Christmas gifts for some of your “hard-to-shop” BFFs, look no further than Love Your Melon. Love Your Melon is an apparel brand run by solely college students across the country with the same mission – to give a hat to every child battling cancer in America.

After doing some perusing on their website I fell in love. They have beanies (cuffed and un-cuffed), baseball hats, stickers, shirts, accessories and custom hats! The possibilities are ENDLESS ladies.

Love Your Melon runs on a buy one, give one system. You buy a hat and a child battling cancer receives a hat hand delivered to them by a super-hero. Not only has Love Your Melon implemented this amazing giving system but recently they also put forth that 50% of the net proceeds on EVERY Love Your Melon product sold will be donated to the Pinky Swear Foundation and CureSearch. They paired with these two foundations to fund their research to beat childhood cancer completely and to help families in need of financial help.

So, here within our own campus, we have our own campus crew! Our very own, Sage Feltus started Stonehill’s chapter! When asked about LYM, I could how much this organization meant to her. After a couple of questions Sage revealed to HC that the reason that she is so passionate about LYM is that “earlier this year, her friend Michelle passed away from a rare form of pediatric cancer and she wanted to start LYM to honor her!” Within the past couple of weeks that the Stonehill Chapter has been up and running, they have already raised OVER $5,000. Love Your Melon has certain stages for their campus crews, with each milestone in money raised, they are able to do certain things within the organization. With this amount of money raised, the Stonehill chapter is able to dress up as superheroes and hand deliver the hats to the children. Not only are they changing lives one by one but, this Thursday at 5:30 pm the Stonehill Campus Crew leaders – Sage Feltus, Erica Bigelow, Kristin Buckley, Kayla Solis & Morgan Silva – and the rest of the student ambassadors will be filming with the FOX team so make sure to check them out!!

So pretty please from the bottom of my heart, take a gander at www.loveyourmelon.com and see whom you can get a gift for. Not only will you be crossing someone off of your Christmas list, you will be supplying a hat to a little kid that is battling cancer. After all, it’s the season of giving girls!

** When going to checkout, make sure to select Stonehill College as your chapter! It will help them accomplish more milestones and help them be more interactive within the Love Your Melon organization. **