Kevin Hotaling ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

This week’s campus celeb is none other that the star of Footloose himself, Kevin Hotaling! Kevin is completely comfortable with the spotlight, whether its belting out showstoppers onstage or working to make Stonehill a better place as the Campus Ministry representative for the Class of 2017. Kevin is also a devoted member of Chapel Choir, a member of Good News Club, a volunteer for My Brother’s Keeper and was recently selected to be a Peer Mentor for the incoming freshman class; which begs the question: when does he sleep? We sat down with this charismatic and well known face on campus to learn more about his love of theater and Stonehill.

What is your dream theater role?

Billie Flynn from Chicago. I love the music in Chicago and my favorite song is “They Bot Reached for the Gun”. Also Jack from Into the Woods. I love the song “There are Giants in the Sky” its like “HOLY CRAP THERE ARE GIANTS IN THE SKY” and I just love it.

Describe your roommate in a word:Tolerable… No I’m kidding! In just one word? (sits and quietly contemplates for a moment) Thoughtful.

Who would play you in a movie of your life?Neil Patrick Harris. He seems like a fun-loving guy and I consider myself a fun-loving person. He seems to have a really zest for life AND he can sing, because I hope that if my life was portrayed in a movie it would be a musical! 

Favorite Celeb?

Jennifer Lawrence because she seems like so much fun and she doesn’t really know she’s a celebrity. She doesn’t get that she’s super famous and I love that! She’s so quirky, its fantastic. She’s also very pretty…

Favorite show you’ve been in?Oklahoma. It was the first time I was a lead and I got to play opposite of my best friend. We had a new director and the show went so smoothly and it was an absolute blast!

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: Well, I was going to say mac and cheese cause that’s my favorite food but I also want my ice cream to be rational. (Editor’s Note: we struggled a lot with this question, I sniffed at him but that didn’t really help the thought process)Well my favorite type of ice cream is anything with a lot of chocolate and my favorite dessert is cheesecake. So my ice cream would be a chocolate cheesecake ice cream and it would be called Tomorrow Will Be Better because I think it would be the type of ice cream people would eat to feel better. Just a tub of feelings.

SHOUT OUTS: All of my friends in Footloose, I’m very proud of all of them!! My mom and dad for helping my through everything, and my peer mentors Austin Alfredson, Monia Mukiza and Liz Abramo for being the first and friendliest faces I saw on Stonehill