A Guide to Help Us all Survive Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

Hey ladies! Ready to pull your hair out? Ha. Same. Finals are just around the corner and they’re coming after us like a dark horse. No need to fret. We have the perfect 5 tips on what to do as stress relievers in between the crunching hours of studying.

Take a Lap Not a Nap.

After your skinny vanilla latte, walk it off around campus. Take it in, really enjoy where you go to school. We get so caught up in our school work, collegiate activities, social lives that we never have time to really realize one of the biggest reasons we chose this school in the first place. IT’S GORGE. So take a deep breath and take it all in before it’s too late.

Get Lit.

Okay, not in the way you think.. when studying, the environment means everything. So get comfortable, relax, and go out and buy the most soothing smelling candle you can find. The light can be a tiny little reminder that there is hope and that you can do this!

Be in Screaming Color.

Our minds can be in a million different places after hours and hours of studying. No one can do well and put in their best effort when your work yourself to the bone. One great way to focus on one thing rather than a million different formulas for that STATs final is to give yourself a manicure! Even if that means doing it yourself (or actually getting one done professionally..TREAT YO SELF) making them look just right will help you focus on just that task alone. Just think how great they’ll look while pointing to your PowerPoint presentation ;-) Some popular colors this time of year are maroon, dark grey, neutral, or  dark brown.

Tidy Up.

You’re already emotionally a mess..don’t let your whole life be one! One thing that always helps your mind focused just on your work is to have everything in your room organized. When it comes final day, you don’t want to be looking through all of your drawers for that calculator and no.2 pencil 5 minutes before! Get your room in order and your healthy mind set will follow.

Breathe.

Honestly, this is the most important thing you can do. I am telling you right now that your future is bigger than that one stupid Spanish exam you’re revolving your whole life around. You Study hard, try your best, you know what you know and take a deep breath.