Grace Hazelwood ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

Unlike many of our past campus cuties, this one cannot be summed up in a few introductory lines, as her essence is too much for that. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the one, the only…Grace Hazelwood.

Dream job: Obviously to have my own television network. But I would want my own talk show first, and then build it into my own network like Oprah. I haven’t decided what I am going to talk about yet….but I just want to be the next Oprah. But it’s going to be tough competing with Kate McCarthy, as well as Nick Palen and Cookie.Editor’s Note:  After five minutes of deep though, Ms. Hazelwood realized she wanted to change her dream job. After interning at MLB this fall, she decided she would like to be a sports caster, maybe somewhere down the line a sports analyst, because she gets to be in the limelight still, as well as talk about sports.

You get to host a dinner party and can invited anyone, who are you inviting?: Beyonce, Jay-Z, Maya Rudolph, Mary Lee Mahony (so if I didn’t know what was going on I could ask her)and Mariska Hargitay

What family from “Modern Family” would you want to be adopted into? Probably Gloria and Jay’s because Sofia Vergara and I are both Columbian.

What two sports would you combine to make a new Olympic event? Figure skating with lacrosse sticks would definitely be the most interesting combination. You would be doing the same moves as they normally do in figure skating, but with a stick. So you would be passing with your partner plus doing jumps and such, so it would be highly competitive. I think it would have great success.

Out of your current teammates,  who are the top three to represent team USA in the first figure skating lacrosse team? (Ms. Hazelwood would obviously include herself in this lineup as well, and looked at me quite oddly when I even had to clarify that she would be involved)Cookie McDonough, Jillian Yung and of course Mary Lee Mahony, because she truly understands the essence of the sport.

If you had to eat the same meal from the Stonehill café for the rest of your college career, what would it be? Buff chick salad….ranch dressing….in a to-go box…..in that exact order, with a side of Yoplait yogurt (flavor varying daily)

If you could star in any Broadway musical what would it be? Lion King and I would be Nala

Kate McCarthy is  a senior at Stonehill College in Easton, Massachusetts. She is a Communications major and a journalism minor. Although she does not know what she wants to do when she graduates, her dream job is having her own talk show and becoming a one woman sensation, like Oprah. At Stonehill, you can find her  winning championships with her intramural basketball team, swimming laps in O'Hara Pond or reading James Patterson novels in the cafeteria. After a semester studying abroad in the Czech Republic, her main goal in life is to travel the world. She is currently interning in Los Angeles, at the Queen Latifah show.