Gina Cirillo ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

Hometown: Windham, Maine

Major/Minor: Arts Administration/Cinema Studies

Activities involved with on Campus: Stage Manager and board member of STC, writer for Rolling Stonehill, On-Site manager for Conference and Events, SMTC Stage Manager

Guilty pleasure, music wise?The 80’s. It is so ridiculously awesome and corny.

If you could play one of Nicholas Cage’s film roles, what would it be and dear God, please explain why.Tough. Very tough decision. My first instinct would be Benjamin from National Treasure, but if I were to be true to myself, I would want to go back to the 80s and be Randy in Valley Girl. It’s a tough decision. I would be Randy when he is younger and Ben when he is older. Compromise.

If you could have one final donut from Tony’s Donuts in Maine, what would it be?Duh, the classic chocolate glazed cruller.

Please describe your favorite moment in STC. Pick one. Just one.I am going to cheat the system a little and say the semester that was Das Barbecu. It was truly an amazing experience. It was my first time being a head stage manager, and I got to work with Peter Carey, Steve Shannon, and Corinne Mason. I also got to work with a hilarious group of actors. Fantastic experience!

Give our readers a description of what’s in your Stage Manager’s Kit.It is the Mary Poppins bag of the theatre. It contains a lot of stuff. Sometimes I can’t even remember what I have in the kit.

If you could star in any role on Broadway, what would it be?I’ve never thought of myself as a performer, but I would love to work on Phantom of the Opera.

What is your favorite quality about Holly Cardoza?The best quality about Holly is her happiness, and how she finds so much joy in singing. Listening to her breakout into song is the highlight of my day.

You, Winona Ryder, Laura Bush, Mel Gibson, Ke$ha, Keanu Reeves, Avril Lavigne and Weird Al are all playing Truth or Dare. What is one question or dare that you would ask each of them?If I’m ever able to meet them, I’m asking them these questions:

Winona Ryder – How was Johnny Depp?Laura Bush – Have you ever dated a democrat?Mel Gibson – Would you ever consider making another Lethal Weapon movie?Ke$ha – Who are your top five celebrity crushes?Keanu Reeves – Why are you so cool?Avril Lavigne – When is your next collaboration with Chad?Weird Al – What are your favorite TV shows?

What is your go-to Karaoke/shower song?I don’t sing in the shower. I sing to Holly Cardoza.

Any advice to underclassmen/ prospective students?Do what you love. Try new things.