Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Stonehill Celebrities

Gabby Salce

By Kate McCarthy
April 11, 2014 - 2:40pm

If you have ever been to a Stonehill event where singing is involved, then you probably have seen Gabby Salce. This talented sophomore performer is one of Stonehill's songbirds and can always be seen around campus with a smile on her face. If you haven't heard this soprano before, then you are MISSING OUT. Escape from your dorm and check her out on stage in the Hemingway theatre or at an open mic night at The Hill. Hometown: South Portland, Maine Major: Communications READ MORE

Kevin Hotaling '17

By Meghan Bedard
March 3, 2014 - 3:29pm

This week’s campus celeb is none other that the star of Footloose himself, Kevin Hotaling! Kevin is completely comfortable with the spotlight, whether its belting out showstoppers onstage or working to make Stonehill a better place as the Campus Ministry representative for the Class of 2017. Kevin is also a devoted member of Chapel Choir, a member of Good News Club, a volunteer for My Brother’s Keeper and was recently selected to be a Peer Mentor for the incoming freshman class; which begs the question: when does he sleep? We sat down with this charismatic and well known face on campus to learn more about his love of theater and Stonehill. What is your dream theater role? READ MORE

Jeff Santos '15

By Shannon Bianchi
February 17, 2014 - 9:40pm

Whether you’ve heard him perform in Surround Sound, seen him standing in the crispy chicken wrap line on Thursdays, visited him in Career Services, or he was your Peer Mentor, junior Jeff Santos is undoubtedly one of the most recognizable faces on Stonehill’s campus.  Having spent last semester studying abroad at University College London and last spring interning in Washington DC, Jeff is back in full force this semester. Starring as Reverend Shaw Moore (preach) in the Musical Theatre Club’s production of “Footloose” at the end of the month, Jeff is surely making a splash with his return to Stonehill after being off campus for a year.   Hometown: Beverly, MA   Major: History   READ MORE

Paige Doane '17

By Kate McCarthy
February 14, 2014 - 2:47pm

Our second installment of celebs who will be in Stonehill’s production of Footloose this month is none other than freshman Paige Doane! Following in the footsteps of her roommate, Amy, who was last week’s celeb, Paige is just as talented and spunky. Her energetic and sassy personality is fitting, as Paige will portray the role of “Rusty” in Footloose. Rusty provides the comedic relief in the show, as she stresses over her love Willard and belts the hit song “Let’s Hear it for the Boy”. Other than the Musical Theatre Club, Paige is also a member of Girls From the Hill and an Early Childhood Ed and Performing Arts double major. Hailing from South Portland, Maine, we sat down with Paige to learn more about her love of all things music and Broadway....

Amy Szablak '17

By Kate McCarthy
February 9, 2014 - 1:24pm

This talented freshman is already making her mark on the Stonehill community. A member of Girls From the Hill and the Musical Theatre Club, Amy is currently in this semester’s production of Footloose. She plays Urleen, Ariel’s crazy friend who is always on the prowl for a man. Footloose will open at the end of February, so be sure to check it out and watch this celeb belt out classic songs such as "Holding Out for a Hero" and "Let's Hear it for the Boy". Hometown: Tyngsboro, MA Major: Communications Dream musical theatre role: Christine from “Phantom of the Opera” READ MORE

Lauren Bonagura '14

By Kate McCarthy
February 2, 2014 - 8:00pm

As spring sports begin practice this semester, senior captain Lauren Bonagura embarks on her final season as a member of the women's lacrosse team. We sat down with Bon to get to know her a bit more, and see what truly makes everyone's favorite ginger tick. But enough of the formalities, let's see what grand plans Bon has plotted for her final semester at Stonehill and final season on the turf. READ MORE

Burke Oppenheim '14

By Meg Lewis
December 7, 2013 - 10:52am

Name: Burke Oppenheim READ MORE

Winslow Clifone '14

By Meg Lewis
December 4, 2013 - 9:36pm

The time is almost here for Mr. Stonehill 2013! Here is yet another senior contestant competing for the crown this Friday! READ MORE

James Dunn '14

By Meg Lewis
November 19, 2013 - 12:22pm

READ MORE

Tim Culverhouse '14

By Meg Lewis
November 16, 2013 - 1:33pm

Name: Tim Culverhouse Year: 2014 Major/Minor: Mediated Communication/Journalism What made you get involved with Mr. Stonehill this year? My roommate did it last year and it looked like a lot of fun. Why not make a fool of yourself for the entertainment of your peers. Isn't that what college is supposed to be about? What are you most excited about the entire Mr. Stonehill event? I can't wait to see everyone's talents. They are going to be a riot. READ MORE