Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Stonehill Blog

How to Rock a Bold Sleeveless Blouse

By Krista Chouinard
March 7, 2014 - 11:36am

From the office, to the club or anywhere in between, here are some tips and tricks on how to rock a sleeveless blouse no matter where life may take you! READ MORE

Why 'Parks and Rec' is the Funniest Show on TV

By Mary Lee Mahony
February 25, 2014 - 11:52am

Amy Poehler is without question one of the funniest people on television. The comedian stars in NBC’s Parks and Recreation, which has a small but fervent fan base. Poehler plays Leslie Knope, who is an excessively optimistic government employee and Pawnee’s most passionate citizen. Knope is so charming and selfless that it almost impossible not to stand behind her, whether you agree with her political ideologies or not. READ MORE

Team Swag's Season Ends

By Meaghan Durkin
February 17, 2014 - 3:53pm

READ MORE

Review of: Love & Misadventure by Lang Leav

By Meghan Mandino
February 14, 2014 - 2:56pm

Let me start off this piece by introducing you to Lang Leav- artist, fashion designer, author, and most recently, poet. She has been awarded the Qantas Spirit of Youth Award and a Churchill fellowship. In an interview with Stated Magazine, Leav revealed that “writing is my first love […] and will usually display one [poem] alongside a painting” or “incorporate my poetry into the actual works”. This signature is stamped throughout Leav’s Love & Misadventure through straight-faced drawings of girls marking each of three sections: “Misadventure”, “The Circus of Sorrows” and “Love”. READ MORE

HC Stonehill Loves Garnier!

By Meg Lewis
February 11, 2014 - 8:48am

At the very tail end of last semester, the people at Garnier were generous enough to send us some great samples of their Volume Extend shampoo and conditioner! Now that we have had a chance to really test this out in many of our showers, we can say for sure that we love it! The shampoo really makes your hair feel clean and revitalized, while the conditioner ensures the most touchably soft locks. After getting out, the volume gained by this wonder shampoo really lasts for hours and hours. The only qualm I had was the packaging made it a little difficult to grab, but as soon as you get the full-size version, that problem will be averted! READ MORE

Team Swag Still Winless After Slow Start to Season

By Meaghan Durkin
February 10, 2014 - 9:59pm

Team Swag took on the Wolfpuppies II and lost 31-28.  Team Swag was down several key players including Allie Smith, Amanda Steverman, and Gibby Gibson.  Their lack of presence really hurt the team in the final minutes of the game. 
The games Honey Badger award went to Sarah Courtney, who was the teams sole point guard of the game, for using her impressive ball handling skills to get the ball down the court during a intimidating press used by the Wolfpuppies II. 
A new award was also introduced tonight: the Coach Award. This award is given to the player who was an outstanding coaching figure during the game and yelled the most basketball jargon throughout the night. The award went to Megan Ann Fontaine, who was a strong influence on the...

The Journey of Swag: Team Swag Now 0-2

By Meaghan Durkin
February 3, 2014 - 11:06pm

February 3, 2014: Team Swag lost their second straight game in a row. Though they had a major imporvement from last week, when they lost to the Cute Emergencies 17-22. The game was a hard fought battle that resulted in a couple of injuries. "I think everyone played the best that they could, but in the end, some of the calls just didn't swing our way. That could have really helped us," Senior point guard Sarah Courtney said. Newcomer to the team Megan Ann Fontaine had an exciting first game and won Team Swag's well known Honey Badger Award. Katie (Gibby) Gibson stepped up and took home the night's MVP award after playing her little heart out. Team Swag's next game is Monday, February 10th, so look out for next week's article as the team continues to make...

Highlights of the Grammy's

By Mary Lee Mahony
January 28, 2014 - 7:25pm

If there is a way to open an awards show that beats Beyoncé dancing on a chair with wet hair, I would like to know. Add her husband Jay-Z to the mix and you have one of the best Grammy openings in recent history. Beyoncé and her beau brought the crowd to their feet with their single “Drunk in Love.” Sadly, the night could really only grow worse from there, but that is not to say this Grammys had a dull moment. The night was filled with very impressive performances, some questionable moments, and a rough night for whoever sat behind Taylor Swift. READ MORE

Five movies I have to watch before Christmas

By Marylee Mahony
December 11, 2013 - 12:23pm

I just have to. They make me immensely happy.  Now I am not saying these are the greatest holiday movies of all time. If they were, then Miracle on 34th Street and A Christmas Story would have made the cut. So without further ado, here is my list of personal favorites when it comes to the holiday season. 5. The Holiday (2006) READ MORE

Decorating Your Dorm for the Holidays

By Samantha Rose
December 5, 2013 - 10:21am

It truly is the most wonderful time of the year! School is beginning to wind down, peppermint coffee is back and, most importantly the holiday season is upon us. Christmas music is flooding the radio stations and holiday specials are now on prime time television. If you were anything like me last night, I casually quoted How the Grinch Stole Christmas (Jim Carey version, of course) for a mere three hours. However, no matter how much one may try to spread Christmas cheer, it simply is not the same as celebrating at home. Instead of studying in a typical dorm room, there are a variety of ways to decorate your room without breaking the bank but still celebrating in style!   READ MORE