Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Stonehill Archives

Stonehill Foliage is #1 in New England

By Kassie Sweeney
October 29, 2014 - 3:22pm

How can you not arrive late to class when you get to stop and look at this on your way? READ MORE

Out With The 'Hoe' In With The 'Ha': Halloween Costume Guide

By Caitlin Sweeney, Kassie Sweeney
October 19, 2014 - 11:16pm

With Halloween just around the corner you’re all probably thinking (and by thinking I mean panicking)  “what do I be for Halloween???” The costume possibilities are endless and a good costume could be the key to a good night. Costumes around campus seem to gravitate towards two extremes: sexy or funny.   READ MORE

Dylan Turner '17

By hcardoza
May 9, 2014 - 1:55pm

Major and Minor: Currently undeclared due to a fear of commitment. Considering declaring an English Major and Theatre Minor.   Hometown: Pittsfield, MA. Fun fact about Pittsfield, it's the home of the first death of an on-duty secret service agent! This was due to a collision between Teddy Roosevelt and a trolley, and Teddy Roosevelt almost assaulted the other driver. The more you know!   Activities on Campus: Stonehill Theatre Company, Goose Troupe, Wandering the Halls of Villa in my Slippers   READ MORE

What sort of final would you rather have?

By Kate McCarthy

Gina Cirillo '15

By hcardoza
April 26, 2014 - 2:49pm

Hometown: Windham, Maine Major/Minor: Arts Administration/Cinema Studies Activities involved with on Campus: Stage Manager and board member of STC, writer for Rolling Stonehill, On-Site manager for Conference and Events, SMTC Stage Manager Guilty pleasure, music wise?
The 80’s. It is so ridiculously awesome and corny. READ MORE

Lacrosse 5k

By Kate McCarthy
April 26, 2014 - 2:34pm

Come enjoy a fun filled day and help support the women's lacrosse team! A scenic 5k run/walk route around campus, kids fun races, a tail gate plus a lacrosse pick up game! READ MORE

Katie Wood

By Kate McCarthy
April 26, 2014 - 2:15pm

Here she is folks, the woman, the myth, the legend. Yes, she no longer graces our presence on campus every day because she has graduated, BUT after being compared to Herb Brooks in campus celeb Lauren Bonagura’s article, how could we not do a follow up interview with this Long Island Queen? You’ve been out of school for well over a year now, how is this so called “real world” treating you, and how should I be mentally prepping to enter it?
One cannot mentally prepare for this “real world” in which you speak – you get thrown into it and complement it with as many vodka sodas as you possibly can. READ MORE

Relay for Life

By Kate McCarthy
April 11, 2014 - 2:50pm

Stonehill's annual Relay for Life event will take place Friday April 11 at 6pm until Saturday April 12 at 6 am. The American Cancer Society describes Relay as the following:
The American Cancer Society Relay For Life movement symbolizes hope and our shared goal to end a disease that threatens the lives of so many people we love. If cancer has touched your life, participating in a Relay For Life event is a way to take action and help finish the fight. This is your opportunity to honor cancer survivors, remember those we have lost, and raise funds and awareness to fight back and help end cancer forever. To learn more about this event visit relayforlife.org Photos and description courtesy of relayforlife.org READ...

Spring Weekend Mixer

By Kate McCarthy
April 11, 2014 - 2:45pm

Wristbands for the Spring Weekend Mixer will be on sale at the info desk until Friday, April 11th. 21+ wristbands will be on sale on Friday from noon until 8pm. READ MORE

Gabby Salce

By Kate McCarthy
April 11, 2014 - 2:40pm

If you have ever been to a Stonehill event where singing is involved, then you probably have seen Gabby Salce. This talented sophomore performer is one of Stonehill's songbirds and can always be seen around campus with a smile on her face. If you haven't heard this soprano before, then you are MISSING OUT. Escape from your dorm and check her out on stage in the Hemingway theatre or at an open mic night at The Hill. Hometown: South Portland, Maine Major: Communications READ MORE