Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Stonehill Archives

Relay for Life

By Kate McCarthy
April 11, 2014 - 2:50pm

Stonehill's annual Relay for Life event will take place Friday April 11 at 6pm until Saturday April 12 at 6 am. The American Cancer Society describes Relay as the following:
The American Cancer Society Relay For Life movement symbolizes hope and our shared goal to end a disease that threatens the lives of so many people we love. If cancer has touched your life, participating in a Relay For Life event is a way to take action and help finish the fight. This is your opportunity to honor cancer survivors, remember those we have lost, and raise funds and awareness to fight back and help end cancer forever. To learn more about this event visit relayforlife.org Photos and description courtesy of relayforlife.org READ...

Spring Weekend Mixer

By Kate McCarthy
April 11, 2014 - 2:45pm

Wristbands for the Spring Weekend Mixer will be on sale at the info desk until Friday, April 11th. 21+ wristbands will be on sale on Friday from noon until 8pm. READ MORE

Gabby Salce

By Kate McCarthy
April 11, 2014 - 2:40pm

If you have ever been to a Stonehill event where singing is involved, then you probably have seen Gabby Salce. This talented sophomore performer is one of Stonehill's songbirds and can always be seen around campus with a smile on her face. If you haven't heard this soprano before, then you are MISSING OUT. Escape from your dorm and check her out on stage in the Hemingway theatre or at an open mic night at The Hill. Hometown: South Portland, Maine Major: Communications READ MORE

What are your thoughts on unpaid summer internships?

By Meg Lewis

Women's Lacrosse vs LeMoyne

By Meg Lewis
April 5, 2014 - 1:21pm

Come support the Women's Lacrosse team as they take on #4 LeMoyne toay at 1pm at W.B. Mason stadium!   Photo source: Facebook READ MORE

American Red Cross Blood Drive

By Kate McCarthy
March 30, 2014 - 2:35pm

This semester's blood drive will take place in Martin from 8 am until 4:30 pm. Sponsored by the American Red Cross, it is the nation's largest blood collection organization. Come out to support a great cause! READ MORE

Robert De Niro, always in style

By Kate McCarthy
March 30, 2014 - 2:27pm

Yes, this section is meant to be for "campus style" but this impromptu graffiti that was found above the newspapers in the Commons was too much to pass up. Whoever wrote this is a wise student with a bright future ahead of them. Robert De Niro, we hope you never go out of style. READ MORE

When's the last time YOU saved a life?

By Kate McCarthy
March 30, 2014 - 1:32pm

For most college students, their greatest accomplishment will be receiving their diploma on graduation day. However other students may go in a different direction and have a more unique highlight for their greatest collegiate accomplishment; saving a life.  For Megan Ann Fontaine ’14, this will be one of the major events of her time in college, donating her marrow so an anonymous patient with lymphoma can have a second chance at life. Fontaine joined the Bone Marrow Registry this past October, when it was on campus during a blood drive. All it took was a simple swab of the inside of her cheek and a few months later, she got the call that she was a match. READ MORE

What is your dream spring weekend concert?

By Kate McCarthy

What would be your dream spring break vacation?

By Kate McCarthy