5 Albums To Get You Through Midterms

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

Midterms are slowly approaching Skyhawks! If you’re anything like me, you procrastinate as much as possible. Whether you constantly check your Facebook every 5 minutes or watch countless YouTube videos of cats, studying is last on your list of things to do. Music definitely makes time fly when you’re studying, but running out of skips on Pandora might be worse than the test itself. Here are my Top 5 Albums to listen to while studying that will make you rethink pressing the skip button.

5. Bastille “Bad Blood” One of my favorite new albums, “Bad Blood” is one of the few albums that you can listen to straight through without skipping a song.  This album included upbeat songs (“Pompeii”) as well as slower pace ballads (“Oblivion”). Other honorable mention songs are “Bad Blood” and “Flaws”.

4. Grouplove “Never Trust A Happy Song” I recently became a huge fan of Grouplove. After seeing them live a few months ago, Grouplove has been playing nonstop on my Spotify. Like Bastille, “Never Trust A Happy Song” has a good mix of upbeat as well as slow songs. My favorites are “Tongue Tied”, “Love Will Save Your Soul”, “Colours, and Slow”. (Fun Fact: “Slow” was the song that was playing during Blair and Louis wedding on Gossip Girl. Xoxo Skyhawks)

3. John Mayer “Continuum” What would a homework playlist be without a little John Mayer? It was hard to pick just one album of his to include on this list, but Continuum is always one of my go-tos. For a more relaxed study experience, try listening to “Slow Dancing In A Burning Room”, “I’m Gonna Find Another You”, “I Don’t Trust Myself With Loving You” and “Gravity”.

2. Chris Brown “F.A.M.E” Time to switch gears! Chris Brown’s “F.A.M.E” is the perfect album to listen to when you’re in need of a sudden burst of energy! These up-tempo songs will surely give you the motivation you need to study those last few chapters! My personal favorites are “She Ain’t You”, “Beautiful People”, and “Next To You”. 

1. Miley Cyrus “Bangerz” Oh Miley, the artist we hate to love. Although she has been in the news lately regarding some of her questionable fashion and performance choices, you have to admit this girl knows how to sing. I was a little skeptical when I started to listen to her new album a few days ago, but boy was I surprised! She does a great job of mixing different genres of music on one album. “Maybe You’re Right”, “FU”, “Rooting For My Baby”, and “On My Own” are some of the newest additions to my homework playlist!

A few additional songs to check out while you’re studying: “It Goes Like This” by Thomas Rhett, “Adorn” by Miguel, “Stay The Night” by Zedd & Hayley Williams, “One Grain of Sand” by Ron Pope, “Heartbeat” by Childish Gambino, “Glowing” by Nikki Williams

Photos:

http://spartacus41.deviantart….

http://blogs.citypages.com/gim…