alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Catch Up on Sleep this Summer

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stockton chapter.

It’s no secret that being a collegiette and getting a good night’s sleep don’t exactly go hand in hand. Late night exam crams, stress, early morning class times and having a social life can really take a toll on the quality of rest you’re able to achieve. So, when I discovered Arianna Huffington’s #SleepRevolution, I was eager to learn a few tricks on how I may be able to finally get the recommended 8+ hours each night.

Arianna Huffington, co-founder and editor-in-chief of The Huffington Post, is also the author of The Sleep Revolution. A book in which she recognizes that we are in a sleep deprivation crisis and goes on to point out that it has consequences. Aside from our health, performance and liveliness–our happiness also tends to suffer when we are sleep deprived. In order to regain control of our lives and happiness, we need to restore our relationship with sleep.

While I highly recommend you add The Sleep Revolution to your Summer reading list, here are some of the key points Huffington highlights. One key point that stood out to me is that sleep is so important in making sure you’re able to achieve your goals! Don’t forget to take time for beauty rest!

Founder, Editor-in-Chief & Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Stockton University School of Business - Marketing Concentration | Stockton University