yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

7 Haunted Attractions Within Driving Distance of Stockton

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stockton chapter.

It’s finally the time of year for scarecrows, hayrides, pumpkin spiced lattes, and all things SCARY! What’s more fun than voluntarily getting scared to death in the dark with a group of your closest friends and/or significant other? You might think there are many other things, but you’re wrong. So, when you and your squad are feeling like this:

(Courtesy: http://i.giphy.com/IyL7BTQmCK5Ow.gif)

Here’s a list of awesome haunted attractions within driving distance of Stockton!

1. Bates Motel and Haunted Hayride – Glenn Mills, PA

Bates Motel and Haunted Hayride is located in Glenn Mills, PA. For 25 years, they’ve been scaring the pants off of paying customers who travel from near and far to experience their one of a kind haunted attractions. Their attractions include the Bates Motel, haunted corn maze, and new this year: Bates Motel Haunted Escape Rooms! To book your haunted escape room, buy tickets for the motel and/or haunted hayride. For more info, visit here.

2. Pennhurst Asylum – Spring City, PA

Built in 1908, Pennhurst was a hospital for the mental and physically disabled for over 60 years. After accusations of patient mistreatment proved to be true, the building was abandoned in 1986. It is now one of the most popular and frightening haunted attractions in our area. Pennhurst Asylum includes five different attractions including: the dungeon of lost souls, the tunnel of terror, ghost hunt, and much more. To buy tickets and to get more info, visit here.

(Courtesy: Mean Girls)

3. Creamy Acres Night of Terror – Mullica Hill, NJ

One of the most popular haunted attractions in our area is Eastern State Penitentiary due to it’s location and history.

4. Eastern State Penitentiary Terror Behind the Walls – Philadelphia, PA

Located in Philadelphia, PA, one of the most popular haunted attractions in our area is Eastern State Penitentiary due to its location and history. Eastern State opened in 1829 before closing in 1971. The penitentiary held notorious criminals such as Al Capone. Now, it is a haunted attraction open to the public that draws in thousands of people each year. For more info, visit here.

5. Six Flags Great Adventure Fright Fest – Jackson, NJ

Located in Jackson, NJ Six Flags Great Adventure draws in huge crowds all Summer long for their fun and exciting roller coasters and amusement rides. But, as soon as October hits the fun-loving amusement parks turns into Fright Fest! With mazes, scare zones, shows, and much more, this one will be sure to give you a good scare! For more info, visit here.

(Courtesy: http://i.giphy.com/14ut8PhnIwzros.gif)

6. Field of Terror – East Windsor, NJ

If you’re looking for the whole package, Field of Terror in East Windsor, NJ is it. Here you will find attractions such as The Killer Kornfield, Zombie Attack Haunted Hayride, The Unknown Barn, Dementia 3D Haunted House, Zombie Paintball Wagon Hunt, and much, much more! For more information, visit here.

7. Bloodshed Farms Fearfest – Columbus, NJ

Bloodshed Farms Fearfest is located in Columbus, NJ. With attractions such as Clownophobia, Trail of Terror, Hellsgate Asylum, and The Last Ride, you’ll be sure to have an unforgettable night of spooky thrills!

(Courtesy: http://i.giphy.com/d2ZjBlsQa5dWO45a.gif)

With all these options, you’re sure to have a scare of a time – without having to travel too far! 

Founder, Editor-in-Chief & Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Stockton University School of Business - Marketing Concentration | Stockton University