Things To Do Instead of Going Out!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stetson chapter.

Bored with going out? Wanna just curl up in your pajama’s with your best girlfriends instead of hustling to looking perfect and impressing guys? I know everyone has those nights where they just don’t feel like going out, so here are a few suggestions for you and your girls!

Rent a couple of your favorite old movies or have a marathon of TV shows with your girlfriends. You can make some popcorn, grab some candy, and sit back and relax. You can also get some quality “me” time during the movies – do your nails, or even put a mask on if you wouldn’t normally have time. No one can resist a little down time, especially hours on hours of Sex and the City or numerous episodes of Friends.

If you’re not in the mood for lying on the couch, find your inner chef! Look up new recipes and try to concoct them with your friends. Or, use some family recipes that have been passed down. Trust me, your good hearty homemade meal will trump the Coms food any day… even if you burn it. Turning on the Food Network can also get your creative juices pumping and thinking like a professional!

Another option can be to go on a car ride around town! There is no better way of letting go and being yourself than turning up the music as loud as possible and singing to your heart’s content with all the windows down. Whether you’re listening to songs like “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” by Cyndi Lauper or “Thrift Shop” by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, late night car rides can never get old.  

Have a picnic at the park. If you go during the day, you can tan and look at magazines or play with the frisbie and take a walk; and at night, you can lie on the blanket, stargaze and share secrets with each other. There’s nothing that can beat quality time with your closest friends.

Whether you want to just chill on the couch or the outdoors, there’s plenty to do with your friends if you guys don’t want to go out!