Starting Off Fall Semester Right!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stetson chapter.

Listen up ladies! The first full week of classes are finally over but the fun has only begun for this semester! Stetson has major events going on this year and we just cannot wait to keep you posted! This weekend will be the start of football! Bringing all the excitement of tailgating along with it, there will be drink specials everywhere this weekend to celebrate our football team starting off the season. Make sure to stop by The Pig to check out their new DJ and drink specials!

Let’s get down to the knitty gritty… It’s time to trade in your heels and jump back into your cowboy boots. That being said, do not forget to get your school spirit on and wear green! Dressed Boutique downtown can definitely hook you up with the cutest clothes or accessories to help you represent the hatters!

With tailgating being a huge part of this Saturday, here are some tips of the DO’s and DONT’s of tailgating:

DONT

1.    Take your shirt off. Unless you look like Channing Tatum or Cameron Diaz, don’t do it.

2.    Wear sandals, or you’re feet will look like vulture daggers the next day.

3.    Go too hard that early, you’ll miss out on everything.

4.    Expect liquor, enjoy your beer

5.    Be that drunk girl, your friends and boyfriend will hate you.

DO

1.     Charge your phone

2.     BRING WATER

3.     Expect damage. Some WILL spill on and you most likely will break something if not loose it.

4.     Eat free food, nothing will make you happier than that free cheeseburger from a friendly stranger.

5.     Enjoy yourself, you will miss these games one day!

Follow these tips and have an amazing time supporting our football team this Saturday!