Single and Ready to Mingle

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stetson chapter.

Name: AJ Murphy

Major: Business

Age: 21

Single ready to mingle? Absolutely 

Hometown: Fort Myers, FL

What do you like most about Stetson?

Greek life, and the women here haha. I arrived at Stetson with a very negative outlook on Greek life, but I came to realize what it is really about and it has helped me grow in so many ways. Joining SigEp was hands down one of the best decisions I’ve ever made and it’s one of the main reasons I am still at Stetson.

What do you think about the girls at Stetson?

They are interesting haha. But seriously, in my experience they are all fun and intelligent young women.

Who is your Stetson crush?

There’s a few. 

Biggest turn off on a girl?

Being sloppy and/or stuck-up.

Celebrity crush?

Blake Lively and Kristen Bell 

What would be your perfect date?

Honestly, I’ll get crap for this but I’m kind of a romantic guy. So I like doing romantic things for ladies. I guess I’d have to say a perfect date would be a picnic dinner on the beach with candles and just hanging out on the beach all night talking to the special lady. And maybe a little something else later on in the night haha. 

If you could be anyone for the day, dead or alive, who would it be and why?

That’s a tough one. Probably Tom Brady, cause he’s the man. And his wife is really hot. 

Blondes or brunettes?

Blondes for sure, but there are plenty of gorgeous brunettes. 

What is your guilty pleasure?

Working out/exercising, that’s a huge part of my life. 

Any hidden secret talents?

Haha, yeah several. 

What’s something most people wouldn’t know about you?

I have a tattoo. 

Best college memory?

This is probably the hardest one, there are so many. One great night was the night I accepted my bid to join SigEp. 

Favorite thing to do around Deland?

Party. 

What is your go to drink?

Water. Beer on the weekends. 

Boxers or briefs?

Depends on the occasion, but mostly briefs. 

What is your goal for the year?

Have fun, maintain good grades, meet many new people,

I am currently a junior at Stetson University who is ready get things going! Growing up in D.C., I developed a keen sense for fashion, a thick skin, and a yearning for success. It was only recently that I took the leap of faith and permanently moved down to Florida, not far from where I attend school, so I could pursue my love for fashion, warm weather, and a fast-paced life. I can remember my first day at Stetson University like it was yesterday with all the chaos of meeting new friends mixed with the anxiety of new classes and nervousness of being alone for the first time, but most of all my biggest concern was the stress of figuring out how I could possibly pop out of my bubble and become what I wanted to be: the confident, successful, and driven college student who would not follow but create the trend! After two years of hard work, through becoming a part of the Greek life scene, joining many different organizations and learning from prior upperclassmen who have become successful, I have created communication and leadership skills that I am forever grateful for. With a recently new found passion for the journalistic side of life, I cannot wait to be apart of something bigger than I have ever been before so I can continue learning and gaining memorable experiences that will help me in my goal to make my lifelong dreams and aspirations come to life!