Not in the Swing of Things? Finish the Semester Strong with These Tips!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stetson chapter.

Still Not in the Swing of Things? How to Jump Start Progress to Finish Strong!

After breaks, it’s often difficult trying to get back in the “swing” of school. With a full course load and demanding professors, it seems like Stetson waits until the very last minute to assign papers and projects! Why is it that all of the work seems to come all at once at the end of the semester? For whatever reason, it’s here… WORK, and it needs to get done! Try these simple steps to begin progress towards finishing!

-Hit the Books Early!

It’s a Stetson student “trend”… Doing homework around 9-11pm in the DuPont-Ball Library. The Library is always filled with students during evening hours, which makes it hard to focus. But have you visited the library around 8:30am? It may sound horrific for you sleepy heads, but when it comes down to execution, HC can assure you that the morning hours are significantly less crowded!

-Hide and Seek? No… Hide and Study!

Try going upstairs in the library and finding a “study hide out spot”. You wont continuously bump into friends that distract you! It’s almost impossible to walk down the main drag of the library and NOT bump into a classmate or friend. Those short chat sessions add up! Save yourself time and HIDE! Find a comfortable nook away from the crowds in the basement or 2nd floor.

-Snack While you Study!

One of the biggest distractions a college student might have is a tummy that won’t stop growling! Going all the way to the coffee shop or commons is inconvenient when you’re trying to hit the books! This is why it’s important to bring snacks with you! There is plenty of room on the library tables and study nooks to sprawl out and lay your things.  Try brining “brain food” that gives you the nutrients you need to focus and stay full! HC recommends nut mixes, protein bars, tea and yogurt!  

Alayna Burton is a junior at Stetson University pursing a degree in Communications and Journalism. Alayna’s passion for Her Campus began last year when she co-founded her branch in 2011 serving as Director of Publicity and Events, and now Alayna hopes to successfully lead her branch to success as Stetson’s HC Editor in Chief. Outside of Her Campus Alayna is heavily involved with her school, her community and her sorority. Serving on numerous boards and teams including but not limited to Stetson’s event programming board Hatter Productions as Assistant Director, The Deland Community’s fundraising team GreenFeather Executive Board as a day coordinator, The Delta Delta Delta sorority Vice President of Membership, Alayna has gained valuable experience with working with people as well as insight into the world of event planning as well as marketing, branding and public relations. Future goals for Alayna include working in the field of Broadcast Journalism in the Entertainment Industry.