Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Stetson Features

The Senior Year Curve Ball

By Alayna Burton
April 26, 2014 - 8:49pm

"There's a possibility you might not graduate in May" were the words I was told weeks before Fall semester was ending. My brain in panic mode, my eyes watering and my mouth mumbling words of disappointment were all emotional responses to a situation that seemed to be ending my once successful college career. READ MORE

Top 18 Rumors We Wish Were True

By Hayden Ann Sorensen
April 19, 2014 - 5:06pm

With all the changes Stetson is undergoing, there have been countless rumors that students have gotten excited about, yet nothing has happened. Check out the top 18 rumors we wish were true: 1.) The mascot is changing 2.) Chick-Fil-A is coming to campus 3.) Panera is coming to downtown DeLand 4.) The "coffee shop" is actually going to serve Starbucks 5.) More parking lots are being created 6.) The cost of tuition will stay the same from the time you are a freshman to when you graduate READ MORE

YONYO: "You Only New York Once"

By Hayden Ann Sorensen
April 5, 2014 - 11:24pm

Have you ever had a spontaneous idea that you acted out on? If you haven’t, you should, because it’s the best thing I’ve ever done. This past winter I had an opportunity to live in New York City. From walking class-to-class in the warmth of Florida, to walking shop-to-shop in the frigid weather of New York, there couldn’t have been more of a culture shock when I decided to move up to the city for the winter. For those of you wondering what I even went to the Big Apple for, my friend and I had this crazy idea that live out our own version of an MTV reality show. We did just that, but with our own flare. READ MORE

Off the Grid in Madrid

By Daniéle Rebecca Mottier
March 26, 2014 - 8:12am

I am currently studying in Madrid, Spain. I’m a Junior at Stetson University, majoring in International Business and minoring in Spanish. The IB major requires either a summer or semester abroad experience, as well as 202 level language proficiency. Don’t worry, I won’t take up too much of your time; I just want to tell you a little bit about how my experience here has been.  READ MORE

The Bare Necessities

By Hayden Ann Sorensen
March 20, 2014 - 11:24pm

Her Campus recently sent Stetson University a care package! Not only did we absolutely love the contents, but we felt that everything within the care package fit right in with the current trend of the semester! It's finally Spring, the flowers are blooming, bikinis are the new fashion, and the beach is the new hang out location! But... it's also that time of year where the stress of Senior Research is kicking in, the anxiety of final presentations and exams is rising, and we just can't seem to keep it together when it comes to pulling all-nighters and keeping healthy! READ MORE

Do the Do

By Hayden Ann Sorensen
March 13, 2014 - 11:38am

Sorority and Fraternity formals are just around the corner, meaning, you have to start thinking about your dress, hair, makeup, and shoes for the occasion! I’m here to tell you that if you want to impress your date, your friends, and even the random people you will walk past, then you will not only need a stellar dress but even more importantly, you will need a hair-do that will WOW everyone! That being said, do not follow the current fashions on campus and go for something that no one else is going to do. It is easy and normal for girls to straighten, curl, or even put their hair up in a bun. Yes, that can look fabulous, but you want to stand out! And the only way of doing that is by rocking an impressive hair-do! READ...

Create a Different Kind of Memory this Valentine's Day!

By Alayna Burton
February 8, 2014 - 11:29pm

READ MORE

Fashion Forward Trend Hitting Stetson

By courtney
November 16, 2013 - 6:25pm

It’s that time of year again! The leaves are falling off, it’s starting to get colder, and it’s the perfect time to change up your hair color! For everyone that is getting bored of their light “summer look” hair style, it’s maybe time for you to dye your hair a little darker! If you are looking for a change but you’re concerned on how it might look, consider going to a local drug store or beauty store, such as Walmart and Sally’s.  READ MORE

Halloween for the Procrastinators

By undefined
October 31, 2013 - 12:19am

Hey there Her Campus ladies! As we all know one of the best holidays of the year is today! Now if you have already decided or are still unsure of what you want to be, here are a few tips that can spice up any costume! Makeup is what gives your Halloween costume a real wow-effect. It is just as essential as the Halloween costume itself, or you can use it as a last minute accent if you are an impulsive person and usually decide everything in the last moment.  READ MORE

5 Ways to Make it to Winter Break

By Hayden Ann Sorensen
October 26, 2013 - 4:54pm

Are you in the mid-semester slump? I know everyone else is wondering if this semester is EVER going to end. Ever since fall break, we have all kind of slacked off a bit and now that Thanksgiving is coming up, finals are approaching faster than we think! Not to mention, this is about that time when the professor’s start slipping in as much work as they can before the end of the semester. As much as we all want to just crawl back in our beds, and sleep for the rest of the day, we have to keep trudging through the rest of this semester! Check out our tips below for ending the semester on a good note! READ MORE