Kiss Me, It’s St. Patrick’s Day!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stetson chapter.

Kiss Me, Its St. Patrick’s Day

All right ladies, who doesn’t want to celebrate this awesome fun filled holiday especially when you don’t even have to be the nationality it is celebrating!  Her Campus has the low down on all the best things and places for this Sunday! So Start your day by thanking the Irish for bringing us St. Patrick’s Day and then begin the festivities with some of these fun and creative ideas!

WHAT TO EAT:

–  If you are Irish and aren’t near home for a home cooked Irish dinner in celebration of St. patty’s day or if you just love authentic Irish food head on down to Dublin’s Irish pub.

–  If you’re on more of a budget go to Brick House! They will be serving corn beef and cabbage with salad for $10!

WHAT TO DRINK:

– Brick House will also be serving green beer and will also have a live band playing!

–  Dublin’s with have an Irish favorite too! Irish Car Bombs.

–  The Blind Pig will be serving green beer as well along with the many other beers they serve (they’re all delicious). Plus side: they are starting early!

WHAT TO WEAR:

–  GREEN! Obviously.  Get creative this is a fun holiday so why be boring? Throw on some gold sparkles with your green or maybe some orange.

If you aren’t into celebrating to heavily there are certainly ways to celebrate relaxingly.  Make yourself some cool mint Oreos or a St. Patrick’s Day drink and celebrate on your couch in spirit! Pinterest has awesome ideas for whatever type of celebrating you would like to partake in! So go find the luck of the Irish this Sunday and have fun ladies!  Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

St. Patty’s Day Treat Links:

http://www.momsshoppingengine.com/moms-top-rated/85/Creative-St.-Patricks-Day-Treats

http://wholesomemommy.com/st-patricks-day-fun-with-the-kiddos/

Alayna Burton is a junior at Stetson University pursing a degree in Communications and Journalism. Alayna’s passion for Her Campus began last year when she co-founded her branch in 2011 serving as Director of Publicity and Events, and now Alayna hopes to successfully lead her branch to success as Stetson’s HC Editor in Chief. Outside of Her Campus Alayna is heavily involved with her school, her community and her sorority. Serving on numerous boards and teams including but not limited to Stetson’s event programming board Hatter Productions as Assistant Director, The Deland Community’s fundraising team GreenFeather Executive Board as a day coordinator, The Delta Delta Delta sorority Vice President of Membership, Alayna has gained valuable experience with working with people as well as insight into the world of event planning as well as marketing, branding and public relations. Future goals for Alayna include working in the field of Broadcast Journalism in the Entertainment Industry.