Goodbye, Farewell, Sayonara

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stetson chapter.

Fashion styles come and go.  Each year, while new styles filter into the fashion mix, the cheesy, boring, or down right ridiculous styles get weeded out.  Here are a couple of Her Campus’s picks for styles that should definitely be done away with this year!

Neon: This style needs to go away, go far, far away. This neon trend does not do much for your body, or your face.  Neon colors are used for safety reflectors in the dark and traffic cones… who wants to look like a construction worker when they are going out at night?! Instead of neon, try neutral colors… after all it is now Fall!

Jean Skirts: Jean skirts have been out of style since the 90’s, and 2000’s. However, they are still being sold. The jean material does not show off that hour glass figure that we work so hard to get, and not to mention, skirts are uncomfortable enough why make it in a jean material? Let go.

Graphic Sweatshirts: Why? We are all young adults, why are sweatshirts with cheesy saying or weird pictures plastered across them a style? Unless they are school sweatshirts or you’re favorite sports team they should have no place in your chic styled closet. Goodbye cheesy graphics! Instead of wearing graphic shirts, try rocking a patterened top.

So ladies, lay down those untrendy styles, say farewell and put on something that is in-style.  Don’t fuel these trends any longer.  Besides, they’re tons of new gorgeous styles and trends that come out everyday!