Fashion Forward Trend Hitting Stetson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stetson chapter.

It’s that time of year again! The leaves are falling off, it’s starting to get colder, and it’s the perfect time to change up your hair color! For everyone that is getting bored of their light “summer look” hair style, it’s maybe time for you to dye your hair a little darker!

If you are looking for a change but you’re concerned on how it might look, consider going to a local drug store or beauty store, such as Walmart and Sally’s. 

When you get to the store look for “temporary permanent hair dye” in the color you are thinking about dying your hair. Once you have done this, follow the steps on the bottle and/or package and when you are done you will be able to tell if you would like your hair a certain color or not. 

If you are feeling like a dare devil, you can either dye your hair yourself or personally I would recommend going and getting it done professionally. The hot hair color of the season is an auburn color. This is a dark brown with a light tint of red in it. This color is not only very sexy on any girl but it also extenuates your facial structure and defines your eyes. So if you are getting tired of your summer look and want a change, it is definitely the right time to do so! Dark hair is back in so start dying it ladies!

But wait… We all know that from living in Florida we deal with constant humidity round the clock. Hence, why us ladies are too lazy to do anything to our hair because chances are, it will be ruined by the end of the day. However, get excited because from now until mid-March, our hair will never look frizzy and will stay straight all day long. Which only means you must use this time wisely and actually do something to your hair! 

It’s finally that time of year again so dye your hair or straighten it for a day and your hair will thank you!

I am currently a junior at Stetson University who is ready get things going! Growing up in D.C., I developed a keen sense for fashion, a thick skin, and a yearning for success. It was only recently that I took the leap of faith and permanently moved down to Florida, not far from where I attend school, so I could pursue my love for fashion, warm weather, and a fast-paced life. I can remember my first day at Stetson University like it was yesterday with all the chaos of meeting new friends mixed with the anxiety of new classes and nervousness of being alone for the first time, but most of all my biggest concern was the stress of figuring out how I could possibly pop out of my bubble and become what I wanted to be: the confident, successful, and driven college student who would not follow but create the trend! After two years of hard work, through becoming a part of the Greek life scene, joining many different organizations and learning from prior upperclassmen who have become successful, I have created communication and leadership skills that I am forever grateful for. With a recently new found passion for the journalistic side of life, I cannot wait to be apart of something bigger than I have ever been before so I can continue learning and gaining memorable experiences that will help me in my goal to make my lifelong dreams and aspirations come to life!