Christmas Break Countdown! How to loose those stubborn pounds FAST

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stetson chapter.

Christmas Break Countdown! How to loose stubborn pounds fast!

It’s Christmas time! Get ready for beautiful decorations, family time and of course, mounds and mounds of Christmas cookies, cakes and sweets! Although it may be hard to resist that fabulous looking coffee cake, it’s also important to remember that this is the time of year to celebrate the holidays! But how can I eat sweets and stay fit you ask? No worries, the HC team is here to help!

1.     Everything in Moderation!

Go ahead, eat the ginger bread cookie! But remember to only satisfy your craving. Don’t over eat on sweets and keep your caloric intake in mind! If you want to eat cake after dinner, skip the afternoon cookie! This way, you can still satisfy that sweet tooth without over eating. Try to stick to one “splurge” a day at the most!

2.     Who Spiked the Apple Cider???

Remember to treat alcohol as a dessert! Many people think that because it’s a liquid, that it’s “ok” to splurge on a few cocktails after dinner. Have fun, but remember that one cocktail could be as much as 300 calories just for one drink! That’s a lot for just liquid right? Try to choose between the solid sweets and liquid sweets… sometimes we have to make sacrifices!

3.     Feel Sprit of Winter!

Are you feeling the holiday cheer in the air? Tis the season to… workout! Take that holiday cheer and turn it into energy to shape up! If your watching what you eat and remembering the tips above, all you need is a short workout once a day! Take a relaxing run while listening to Christmas tunes on your iPod, take your holiday crush to the bike trails at your community park, or do some floor exercises in the comfort of your own home and treat yourself to a cup of apple cider afterwards. Whatever you end up doing, remember to stay active. 

Alayna Burton is a junior at Stetson University pursing a degree in Communications and Journalism. Alayna’s passion for Her Campus began last year when she co-founded her branch in 2011 serving as Director of Publicity and Events, and now Alayna hopes to successfully lead her branch to success as Stetson’s HC Editor in Chief. Outside of Her Campus Alayna is heavily involved with her school, her community and her sorority. Serving on numerous boards and teams including but not limited to Stetson’s event programming board Hatter Productions as Assistant Director, The Deland Community’s fundraising team GreenFeather Executive Board as a day coordinator, The Delta Delta Delta sorority Vice President of Membership, Alayna has gained valuable experience with working with people as well as insight into the world of event planning as well as marketing, branding and public relations. Future goals for Alayna include working in the field of Broadcast Journalism in the Entertainment Industry.