Chick-Fil-A too Anti-Gay for Stetson? YOU be The Judge!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stetson chapter.

Chick-Fil-A is coming back to Stetson after campus wide debate on the companies stance described as “Anti-Gay”.

About a month ago Dean Chris Kandus announced that long time partner Chick-Fil-A may or may not be serving food on Stetson’s campus due to the companies recent decision to publicize their
 anti-gay stance.

In an effort to ascertain the student opinion on the matter, the Student Government Association conducted a survey on the student body asking their opinion on having Chick-Fil-A as a dining option. According to Kandus, 73% of the campus was in favor of bringing Chick-Fil-A back to campus and dining services is anticipating the restaurant to return to campus on Tuesday, October 2.

Jermey Rill, SGA President explains that the Student Government Association sent out a survey asking for student opinions on bringing back Chick-Fil-A and the results of that survey should be going out today to the entire student body to observe. He adds that “Any student should feel free to email me if there are any questions after the results go out”.  

The debate on whether or not Chick-Fil-A ‘s standpoint on this issue is morally right or wrong seems to be a nationwide crisis, and people want nothing more then to state their opinion on the matter… Here’s your chance! 

We want to hear what you think! Feel free to write your opinions below! 

Alayna Burton is a junior at Stetson University pursing a degree in Communications and Journalism. Alayna’s passion for Her Campus began last year when she co-founded her branch in 2011 serving as Director of Publicity and Events, and now Alayna hopes to successfully lead her branch to success as Stetson’s HC Editor in Chief. Outside of Her Campus Alayna is heavily involved with her school, her community and her sorority. Serving on numerous boards and teams including but not limited to Stetson’s event programming board Hatter Productions as Assistant Director, The Deland Community’s fundraising team GreenFeather Executive Board as a day coordinator, The Delta Delta Delta sorority Vice President of Membership, Alayna has gained valuable experience with working with people as well as insight into the world of event planning as well as marketing, branding and public relations. Future goals for Alayna include working in the field of Broadcast Journalism in the Entertainment Industry.