Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Stetson Celebrities

Dereck Williams

By anonymous
September 13, 2014 - 2:36pm

Meet Dereck Williams, the new Campus Celebrity! Dereck is an education major and is super involved on campus and is always seen with a huge smile on his face with a bubbly and outgoing personality to go along with it. He is a proud brother of Delta Sigma Phi and serves as recruitment AND philanthropy chair as an incoming sophomore! That is a lot of responsibility, but of course, he can handle it and has the skills to make his time serving the best yet. Dereck says, “I knew I always wanted to be in a fraternity, and once I found Delta Sig, I knew I was with my group. I am definitely the hype man of Delta Sig.” READ MORE

Adventures in South Africa with Veronica Pierce

By Contributing Writer
September 2, 2014 - 12:13am

Meet Veronica Pierce, a sophomore with a major in Business Administration and a minor in Environmental Science, master scuba diver, and lover of all things adventure and Pi Phi.  Reciving the opportunity of a lifetime, Pierce interned in South Africa for a month studying ultimate predators such as Great White Sharks and Lions. When initially arriving in Cape Town, Pierce continued to Simonstown to go cage diving with great white sharks. Every morning around 5am, the adventure would start with a drive to Seal Island to watch for predation during the Crepuscular Hour, the time at which sharks feed. Not only was observing part of Pierce's job description, IDing the known sharks and record data was included.  To say the least, Veronica expains her trip as “...

Hats off to the Class of 2014!

By Hayden Ann Sorensen
April 19, 2014 - 4:57pm

Hats off to the seniors! They have finally made it through four years with more changes that anyone could ever image... Since their arrival in 2010, the seniors have experienced the addition the club lacrosse, club sand volleyball, club indoor vollyeball, football, new landscaping, the tearing down of Stetson Hall, the arrival of a new sorority, the addition of a new fraternity, and are leaving Stetson with a larger student body than ever recorded. Through the good times and the bad, the seniors have seen it all and have been an example to the rest of us. READ MORE

Say Cheese!

By Hayden Ann Sorensen
March 22, 2014 - 8:35pm

Photo taken at the Volusia County Fair Meet Ernie Castro! Originally from San Fransisco, Ernie studies E-Technology here at Stetson University. Through his amazing photography skills, Ernie has become one of the most valued individuals on campus! Although he does not specifically work for Stetson, Ernie participates and takes photographs for more student organization events than we can count. His photos have taken the role of replacing many profile and cover photos as well as made their way into recruitment videos.  READ MORE

#HighlyEducated

By Hayden Ann Sorensen
February 8, 2014 - 11:47pm

Name: Mark Nagrani Major: Biology Year: Senior Hometown: Daytona, FL Mark Nagrani, the senior Pre-Med student and otherwise known as Jakobe, has risen the ranks and is on his way to becoming the star that all of us dream of, but never pursue. Ever since hearing Eminem's Marshall Mather's LP, Nagrani knew he had a passion for all things hip-hop, and rap. Although many on campus have only come to know Nagrani as Jakobe, the artist only came out as Jakobe less than a year ago. READ MORE

Look Out For DJ Smokey Bear!

By Hayden Ann Sorensen
November 2, 2013 - 10:54am

When did you start DJing? I started DJing last year.  How did you start DJing? Have you always been a fan of music?
I’m a big fan of all kinds of music genres and started off by playing music off my computer at the Rage Castle. How did you get the name DJ Smokey Bear?
Smokey Bear was a nickname that I made up freshman year when I would freestyle with Jakobe at the Tree House and since then all my friends call me Smokes or Smokey and it just stuck.  What's your favorite memory DJing?
My favorite memory would be DJing at the Rage Castle when we would through big bangers like last years Halloween party. READ MORE

The Biggest Diva on Campus

By Pamela Ochoa
April 3, 2013 - 10:46pm

John Rigsby the fabulous diva on Stetson, is HerCampus’s new celeb! This Digital Arts major always brings a smile to anyone with his eccentric personality. Although he is graduating and moving to bigger and better things, his presence has left a permanent mark on campus. Find out more about this flamboyant celeb!   What is your favorite memory at Stetson? Unofficially tailgating a Stetson ladies lacrosse game, sorry Libby!   Favorite diva? READ MORE

Amanda Berins: The Flourishing New Leader on Campus

By Pamela Ochoa
March 19, 2013 - 1:29pm

Meet the newest campus celeb! HC got to catch up with the newly elected President of Alpha Xi Delta. This spunky sophomore not only balances being President, but is also involved in numerous things on campus. There is no doubt that this Education major is a perfect example of an active Hatter! Take a look at what makes her stand out!   What do you like to do in your spare time? READ MORE

The Sassiest Celeb on Campus

By Pamela Ochoa
February 11, 2013 - 6:16pm

Abby Gargiulo, the beautiful seven-month year old pup has been roaming Stetson since the Fall 2012 semester. This isn’t your typical Belgian Malinois. Abby has been in college with her daddy, Chase Gargiulo, since she was only two weeks old! Living the life of a Stetson student, she has grown into quite the Hatter! After meeting her, there was no doubt that she was the celebrity we’ve always been looking for. Check out why we think she’s the sassiest dog around town!   What do you like to do in your spare time? READ MORE

Dustin Dingus

By Alayna Burton
February 11, 2013 - 5:00pm

This week, HC got a chance to catch up with one of the premier golfers at Stetson University. Dustin Dingus, a freshmen from Palm Harbor, Florida has quickly made a name for himself on the golf course and is a key component to the success of the Stetson Golf Team. With this much success early on in his college career, he's an up and coming Campus Celeb you'll want to keep an eye on!  READ MORE