Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Stetson Archives

Single Girl Diaries: How young is too young? College Cougars

By Single Girl
September 19, 2014 - 5:30am

There comes a time in every college girl’s life where we are no longer the new girl on the block. This of course comes with its perks. We know where all the parties are and what fraternities have the hottest guys, but there’s also a downside to this. Besides the competition with incoming freshmen girls (on their own for the first time and fresh out of a steady high school relationship), our selection of older, eligible men dwindles every year. Eventually, we sit at the top of the food chain and we’re left with the senior males who we know everyone they’ve been with their entire college career (the good, the bad, and the ugly…literally), and the underclassmen. Here’s the pro’s and con’s to dating the younger males and I’ll let you decide, how young is...

Tri Delta Pancake Flip

By Anonymous Author
September 13, 2014 - 5:22pm

Come join Tri Delta in raising awareness for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital through attending the annual Pancake Flip! Aside from having all you can eat pancakes, other activities include dancing, photo booths, games, and more! For only $5.00 a ticket, and $10.00 for VIP, it's going to be an amazing event for an amazing cause hosted by amazing women.  READ MORE

Values Day

By Anonymous Author
September 13, 2014 - 5:18pm

Whether your values include bettering yourself academically, or increasing your alcoholic tolerance, Values Day is the day of the semester we get off simply to do the things we value. From academic seminars to specials downtown, it's a day to take advantage of. Our advice: Finish your work beforehand- It's a day you don't want to miss. To find out what Stetson has to offer, visit: http://www.stetson.edu/other/values-day/  READ MORE

8 Reasons Why the No Contact Rule is the Best Way to Handle an Ex

By Single Girl
September 13, 2014 - 5:04pm

#1 You can’t move on. You can’t move on if you are stuck seeing and talking to your ex all of the time because you are always, even if just a little bit, going to be reminded of the relationship you used to have. #2 Your feelings could spark up again. Even though the status of the relationship changed in a snap, your feelings never do. There is always a chance that if you regularly hang around your ex, feelings could easily be rekindled just by a few words or actions. #3 Focus getting over it. READ MORE

You'll Want a Home Run with Him...

By Andrea Ortega
September 13, 2014 - 3:51pm

Name: Darby McCormick  Major: Sports Business Class: Sophomore Age: 20  Relationship Status: Single!  Special Talent: Well not many people know I was the Quarterback in High School/FIF Zeus: Best FIFA player in the world.  Hobbies: Playing baseball and having a lot of fun with his buddies.  READ MORE

#TRENDING: Fall Fashion in Florida

By Mallory Musso
September 13, 2014 - 2:41pm

It's that time of year again! Fall semester is here and there’s no doubt that back to school fashion is surely on your mind.  Her Campus is dishing out the hottest Fall fashion trends and statement pieces. The first item on our list, and my personal favorite is the tulle skirt.  It comes in a variety of colors and can be dressed up or dressed down.  They are like appropriate tutus, and who doesn’t love tutus.  Put this item on with a simple graphic tee and a statement necklace for a fun and flirty day time look or a leather jacket, some tights, and booties for a night out on the town.  Either way you’ll be turning heads, in a good way of course! READ MORE

Dereck Williams

By anonymous
September 13, 2014 - 2:36pm

Meet Dereck Williams, the new Campus Celebrity! Dereck is an education major and is super involved on campus and is always seen with a huge smile on his face with a bubbly and outgoing personality to go along with it. He is a proud brother of Delta Sigma Phi and serves as recruitment AND philanthropy chair as an incoming sophomore! That is a lot of responsibility, but of course, he can handle it and has the skills to make his time serving the best yet. Dereck says, “I knew I always wanted to be in a fraternity, and once I found Delta Sig, I knew I was with my group. I am definitely the hype man of Delta Sig.” READ MORE

Adventures in South Africa with Veronica Pierce

By Contributing Writer
September 2, 2014 - 12:13am

Meet Veronica Pierce, a sophomore with a major in Business Administration and a minor in Environmental Science, master scuba diver, and lover of all things adventure and Pi Phi.  Reciving the opportunity of a lifetime, Pierce interned in South Africa for a month studying ultimate predators such as Great White Sharks and Lions. When initially arriving in Cape Town, Pierce continued to Simonstown to go cage diving with great white sharks. Every morning around 5am, the adventure would start with a drive to Seal Island to watch for predation during the Crepuscular Hour, the time at which sharks feed. Not only was observing part of Pierce's job description, IDing the known sharks and record data was included.  To say the least, Veronica expains her trip as “...

Starting Off Fall Semester Right!

By Pamela Ochoa
September 1, 2014 - 8:56pm

Listen up ladies! The first full week of classes are finally over but the fun has only begun for this semester! Stetson has major events going on this year and we just cannot wait to keep you posted! This weekend will be the start of football! Bringing all the excitement of tailgating along with it, there will be drink specials everywhere this weekend to celebrate our football team starting off the season. Make sure to stop by The Pig to check out their new DJ and drink specials! READ MORE

Final Examinations

By Hayden Ann Sorensen
April 26, 2014 - 9:02pm

READ MORE