3 Things You Don’t Think You Can Do Over Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stetson chapter.

Spring Break is many times criticized for it’s reputation of being “the wildest week of the year”. Instead of being a “break”, this holiday consists of sleepless nights and hangovers. But why not think of Spring Break in a totally different way. . . a time to rejuvenate and recoup! For those of you not into the party scene, or you party girls who just want a REAL break, take a look at HC’s things you don’t think could happen on Spring Break.

Thing 1: Losing the Beer Belly

Vacations are known for being the time to “splurge” on tasty foods and sweets, but why not see this week as a time to jump-start your new lifestyle? With a full week of NO classes and little to do, that’s ample time to prepare healthy meals and hit the gym! This week could be a time where you detox your body of toxins (Processed foods, bad fat, toxic oils, fried foods) and begin to eat nutritious, healthy foods! Try making simple changes such as the ones listed below:

Switch this to that!

–       Bahama Mama (350 Cal) = Mimosa (89 Cal)

–       Fried Shrimp (445 Cal) = Grilled Shrimp (101 Cal)

–       Cheeseburger (359 Cal)= Turkey Wrap (230 Cal)

Thing 2: Coming back Without Being Sleep Deprived

Not really feelin’ the party vibe this year? Why not take this break to relax and unwind. Instead of spending money on booze, why not take that money and put it into some much needed TLC just for you! Splurge on spa treatments that will bring out your natural beauty and help you loose those dark circles under your eyes. Many hotels have great packages where you can get a beautiful room and spa credit! See these hotels below in our area…

Vero Beach Hotel and Spa Package:

$350 includes:

-A Specialty dessert to share prepared by Cobalt’s Pastry Chef 

-(2) Splits of Champagne

-Enjoy a $100.00 Cobalt Dining Credit

-A $50 Spa Credit at the White Orchid Spa

-(1)Complimentary In-Room Movie                 

http://www.verobeachhotelandspa.com/vero-beach-hotel-packages/index.html

Ocean Water Spa : Daytona Florida

$165 includes:

-25 minute Swedish massage

-25 minute express facial

-20 minute manicure

-30 minute pedicure

Thing 3: Being Productive

Instead of wasting your time lying around mindlessly at the pool with every other college student, why not check some things off of your long “to do” list? For those of you graduating or thinking about grad school, Spring Break came at just the right time to focus on those applications and apply for jobs! With nothing to do all week, why not make some surprise visits to “dream job” destinations to request an in person application? This can also be a great time to volunteer and help others! See these amazing opportunities below:

http://www.volunteermatch.org/search

http://www.teenmissions.org/about/serve/volunteer-opportunities/

Alayna Burton is a junior at Stetson University pursing a degree in Communications and Journalism. Alayna’s passion for Her Campus began last year when she co-founded her branch in 2011 serving as Director of Publicity and Events, and now Alayna hopes to successfully lead her branch to success as Stetson’s HC Editor in Chief. Outside of Her Campus Alayna is heavily involved with her school, her community and her sorority. Serving on numerous boards and teams including but not limited to Stetson’s event programming board Hatter Productions as Assistant Director, The Deland Community’s fundraising team GreenFeather Executive Board as a day coordinator, The Delta Delta Delta sorority Vice President of Membership, Alayna has gained valuable experience with working with people as well as insight into the world of event planning as well as marketing, branding and public relations. Future goals for Alayna include working in the field of Broadcast Journalism in the Entertainment Industry.