Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Stanford Features

Best and Worst of the Golden Globes

By Katherine Cheng
January 28, 2013 - 2:42am

READ MORE

Do's and Dont's for Surviving Dead Week

By Allison Otis
December 4, 2012 - 2:22pm

1. DO download SelfControl.  Can't seem to work with five minutes without checking Twitter or Facebook?  Simply download the app, enter your "forbidden websites," and voila!  Bye bye, distractions. 2. DON'T start a new television series.  If you're anything like me, one episode quickly turns to five then ten.  Save yourself the time and just wait until after finals to start that new show. READ MORE

Dormestic Godess: Brownies (in the Microwave)!

By Katherine Cheng
November 5, 2012 - 12:46pm

Not only is this a fun activity to do with a group of friends, but also you completely eliminate the hassle of using and cleaning a massive amount of equipment or utensils. Hot, gooey, dark chocolaty brownies in a few short minutes using the microwave and simple ingredients? We can call them Brownies A La Anytime. The fact that these brownies provide instant gratification and that they may be too easy to whip up is a wondrous thing (or very possibly a bad thing…). While having 4 a day is not recommended, feel free to indulge once in a while. READ MORE

October Cardinalscopes

By Roxanna Reaves
October 10, 2012 - 8:00pm

Aries
(March 21-April 19)
Aries chicks are so spontaneous. Your friends think of you as a super exciting person with so many ideas. October is your primetime to do what you do best—get involved in some event planning! Only Aries has the creative spark to throw an all-campus event that will really draw everybody. But make sure to follow-through, you tend to have a problem with things that take too much of your attention. READ MORE

Hey, It's Okay: Stanford Edition

By Allison Otis
October 8, 2012 - 8:00pm

The Best of Bob Harper’s Skinny Rules

By Allison Otis
October 3, 2012 - 8:00pm

Diet books are all too often unsustainable get-skinny-quick schemes with minimal scientific research to back them up.  Eliminating entire food groups from your diet may result in quick weight loss but upon reintroduction, the weight lost will quickly find its way back to your trouble spots.  But sometimes you find a surprising gem, like Bob Harper's Skinny Rules that recommends healthy and sustainable ways to take off unwanted pounds and keep them off.  We've compiled a list of our favorite rules from our favorite Biggest Loser trainer. READ MORE

The Perfect Workout for Every Occassion

By Katherine Cheng
October 2, 2012 - 8:00pm

Bored of the Treadmill? Hate waiting for an elliptical to become available?  It’s a new school year and it’s time to get out of our summer holiday modes. What better way to do that than to kick of the year with a good workout routine? If you’re looking to lose some holiday weight or you’re just bored with the same ol’ workout routine, not to worry, here are some awesome and efficient workouts in and out of the gym that will keep you in shape. (Don’t forget to stretch after!!) 1. If you’re a runner… (adjust the speed to your comfort level accordingly) READ MORE

Hookup Do's and Dont's

By Allison Otis
October 1, 2012 - 8:00pm

If he likes you, he’ll let you know. Always end a phone call first. Don’t accept a last minute date. Okay, so some of those may be good pieces of advice, but you get our point. With so much conflicting information swirling around, it’s hard to keep your head on straight –much less know how to proceed in the often-confusing world of dating. Make that non-dating (C’mon, when’s the last time you went out for a candlelit dinner?). That’s why we’ve compiled a list of advice from fellow collegiates about what to do and what not to do when it comes to hooking up. READ MORE

Drink This, Not That: Starbucks Edition

By Allison Otis
September 26, 2012 - 8:00pm

Starbucks is here!  Starbucks is here!  Possibly the last university in the world to embrace a franchise, Stanford has finally welcomed the wildly popular chain to campus.  Thanks to the new Starbucks in Tressider, we no longer have to schlep our bags to the El Camino or University Ave locations.  But as much as we collectively rejoice a new place to study that doesn't have that CoHo-smell, the blinding lights of Axe and Palm or the eery quiet of the Bender Room, beware of the potential calorie mine that is the Starbucks menu.  Thankfully, we here at Her Campus have scoured the menu and found your favorite drinks made better!   READ MORE

The 5 Guys You’ll Meet at Stanford

By Allison Otis
September 24, 2012 - 8:00pm

After a summer in New York City, a few things became evident: Laudurée has the best macarons, I was never going to get a ticket to see The Book of Mormon, and there were guys -everywhere.  But not only were there guys, there were types of guys who flocked to particular neighborhoods.  Williamsburg for the hipster crowd, Midtown for the investment bankers in suits, Meatpacking for the socialities (and wannabes) and Bowery for the prep-school graduates.  But definitely not a New York phenomenon, the Farm has its own types of guys that you’re destined to meet. READ MORE