Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Stanford Celebrities

Gabby Momah '15 and Robbie Dela Cruz '15

By Allison Otis
November 5, 2012 - 1:04pm

Allison Otis: What is your position in the Black Student Union? Gabby Momah: Freshman Intern Coordinator   Robbie Dela Cruz: Freshman Intern Coordinator   AO: How did you get involved in BSU? GM: Last year's Freshman Intern Coordinator personally invited us to BSU Freshman Convocation, which provides an insight to the purpose of BSU on Stanford's campus. Haven't looked back since! READ MORE

Lucy Davis '15

By Allison Otis
October 8, 2012 - 8:00pm

It's the little things that make Stanford what it is, oh like finding out that girl down the hall has published a book, co-founded the next-big startup or competed in the London Olympics.  And that's where Lucy Davis comes in!  After casually mentioning in class she'd be absent for the Olympic trials, I knew Her Campus had to sit down to find out more and voila! When did you first start riding horses, and how did you get into it?
I grew up around horses and have been on horseback since i could walk but i formally started taking lessons around age 5. READ MORE

Sasha Arijanto '14

By Allison Otis
October 2, 2012 - 2:18pm

When she's not online shopping (where else can you score amazing colorblock Giusseppe heels?!), hanging out with her Alpha Phi sisters, you can find this entertainment enthusiast in the Daily office as the Managing Editor of Intermission.  Read on as Her Campus sat down with Sasha to find out about her interview with Joseph Gordon-Levitt and other amazingness! READ MORE

Sam Fisher '14

By Allison Otis
April 30, 2012 - 8:00am

Can't make it out to watch all of your favorite Stanford athletes?  Don't worry!  Tune into KSZU, Stanford's own radio station, to hear Sam Fisher bring you the play by play.  Broadcast on 90.1 FM and live online, you never have to miss out on a thing!
How did you get involved with KZSU? READ MORE

Kelsey Suggs '14

By Allison Otis
April 12, 2012 - 3:40am

Her Campus Stanford sits down with sophomore Kelsey Suggs when she's not killing it in the pool, hitting the HumBio books or raging with her Kappa Kappa Gamma sisters! READ MORE

Sharleen Tu '14 and Anjana Bala '14

By Allison Otis
April 3, 2012 - 1:04am

Did you make it out to DV8's Winter show last month?  Want to get to know the masterminds behind the epic choreography?  Read on to discover more about sophomores Anjana Bala '14 and Sharleen Tu '14. What is DV8? AB: DV8 is one of Stanford's Hip-hop groups on campus. Sharleen and I, along with Kevin Smith and Gary Champi, direct DV8 and it's tons of fun! We perform several times during each quarter and just had our big annual showcase, EnCounter Culture, this past winter. We also like to say we have an "utter disregard for what hip-hop is suppose to be" , but it really just means we do whatever the hell we want and have fun doing it!  READ MORE

Jacob Jolis '13

By Allison Otis
December 5, 2011 - 11:06am

What do Mark Zuckerberg, Steve Jobs and Jacob Jolis have in common?  They're all college dropouts!  Finishing his last semester at Stanford this past spring, Jolis has pursued his startup Verbling, an online means of practicing speaking a language with a native speaker, which has been met with incredible success. READ MORE

Julia Landauer '14

By Allison Otis
November 15, 2011 - 1:40pm

Image what a female NASCAR driver would look like.  Now, I’m sure Julia Landauer is not what you had in mind.  Wandering around Tressider looking for Julia to conduct our Her Campus interview, I must say I expected to find a burly girl waiting for me.  Instead, I was surprised to meet a feminine, down-to-earth girl who happens to love racing cars.

READ MORE

Shayne Skov '13

By Sohee Lee
November 7, 2011 - 3:08pm

I walk into Shayne Skov’s room to find the 6’3”, 243-pound Stanford MS&E junior sitting on his plush couch in the living room. He’s smiling, despite his season-ending knee injury earlier this year. His love for football is apparent: even when he’s supposed to be working, he’s playing the sport, albeit through a remote control. He hits the pause button on the NCAA game to chat it up.
  READ MORE

Richard Banks ‘87

By Allison Otis
October 31, 2011 - 6:38am

Constantly surrounded by the intellectual cream-of-the-crop, it is not uncommon for students to become desensitized to the exceptional caliber of faculty here at the Farm.  That is why Her Campus has decided to profile ’87 alum Ralph Richard Banks, a Stanford law professor and the author of “Is Marriage for White People?”  So put down those problem sets and read on. READ MORE