Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Stanford Archives

Sigma Nu Kegs and Eggs

By Allison Otis
October 8, 2012 - 6:09pm

Come get your breakfast goodies Thursday night at the Sigma Nu front lawn to benefit Support for International Change (SIC).  Omelet - $3 Breakfast (ham, and egg) Sandwich - $3 S'mores Pancake - $1 White Chocolate Chip Pancake - $1 Pumpkin Pancake - $1 Plain Pancake - $1  READ MORE

Stanford Football vs. Arizona

By Allison Otis
October 4, 2012 - 3:54pm

Come out and support the Card this Reunion Homecoming weekend against Pac-12 foe Arizona! READ MORE

The Best of Bob Harper’s Skinny Rules

By Allison Otis
October 3, 2012 - 8:00pm

Diet books are all too often unsustainable get-skinny-quick schemes with minimal scientific research to back them up.  Eliminating entire food groups from your diet may result in quick weight loss but upon reintroduction, the weight lost will quickly find its way back to your trouble spots.  But sometimes you find a surprising gem, like Bob Harper's Skinny Rules that recommends healthy and sustainable ways to take off unwanted pounds and keep them off.  We've compiled a list of our favorite rules from our favorite Biggest Loser trainer. READ MORE

The Perfect Workout for Every Occassion

By Katherine Cheng
October 2, 2012 - 8:00pm

Bored of the Treadmill? Hate waiting for an elliptical to become available?  It’s a new school year and it’s time to get out of our summer holiday modes. What better way to do that than to kick of the year with a good workout routine? If you’re looking to lose some holiday weight or you’re just bored with the same ol’ workout routine, not to worry, here are some awesome and efficient workouts in and out of the gym that will keep you in shape. (Don’t forget to stretch after!!) 1. If you’re a runner… (adjust the speed to your comfort level accordingly) READ MORE

Sasha Arijanto '14

By Allison Otis
October 2, 2012 - 2:18pm

When she's not online shopping (where else can you score amazing colorblock Giusseppe heels?!), hanging out with her Alpha Phi sisters, you can find this entertainment enthusiast in the Daily office as the Managing Editor of Intermission.  Read on as Her Campus sat down with Sasha to find out about her interview with Joseph Gordon-Levitt and other amazingness! READ MORE

Hookup Do's and Dont's

By Allison Otis
October 1, 2012 - 8:00pm

If he likes you, he’ll let you know. Always end a phone call first. Don’t accept a last minute date. Okay, so some of those may be good pieces of advice, but you get our point. With so much conflicting information swirling around, it’s hard to keep your head on straight –much less know how to proceed in the often-confusing world of dating. Make that non-dating (C’mon, when’s the last time you went out for a candlelit dinner?). That’s why we’ve compiled a list of advice from fellow collegiates about what to do and what not to do when it comes to hooking up. READ MORE

Catwalk Campus: Fall's Best Trends for Under $50

By Katherine Cheng
October 1, 2012 - 8:00pm

Straight from every September issue out there, we bring you the most sought after fashion and beauty trends, how to rock them and where you can find them on a budget. READ MORE

Omnomnom: La Bodeguita del Medio

By Elizabeth Rosen
September 30, 2012 - 6:03pm

During my college-long search for authentic key lime pie within reasonable distance of Stanford, I came across La Bodeguita del Medio. As a native Floridian raised in California, I’ve always loved Cuban food but have had trouble finding it on the West Coast. Thankfully, this California Avenue throwback to 1960s Havana did the trick. READ MORE

Rory MacQueen '12

By Allison Otis
September 28, 2012 - 4:02am

Hometown: London, UK
Major: Computer Science
Activities/Interests: Football (the English version), Reading, Stanford Debate Society How do you feel about being nominated for Campus Cutie?
Pleasantly surprised If you could have lunch with anyone, who would it be?
Simone de Beauvoir, a French existentialist thinker. What is something that people are surprised to know about you?
I have four sisters. READ MORE

Drink This, Not That: Starbucks Edition

By Allison Otis
September 26, 2012 - 8:00pm

Starbucks is here!  Starbucks is here!  Possibly the last university in the world to embrace a franchise, Stanford has finally welcomed the wildly popular chain to campus.  Thanks to the new Starbucks in Tressider, we no longer have to schlep our bags to the El Camino or University Ave locations.  But as much as we collectively rejoice a new place to study that doesn't have that CoHo-smell, the blinding lights of Axe and Palm or the eery quiet of the Bender Room, beware of the potential calorie mine that is the Starbucks menu.  Thankfully, we here at Her Campus have scoured the menu and found your favorite drinks made better!   READ MORE