Why New York City is Always the Answer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

New York City. It is hard to put into words something that is so special. There is something about the big apple that always seems so appealing and maybe it is because we grew up watch Sex and the City and Friends. The shows and movies that we watched create this idea of how great New York City really is. And if you have been able to visit, chances are you agree. New York City may not be for everybody but there are plenty of amazing people, restaurants, and fun things to do. Here is why New York City is always the answer.

There is an endless amount of opportunity

The amount of people that move to New York City to “make it” is astronomical. The best people are the kind that have to make it from the bottom. Hard work and patience will go along way in this city and no matter what you niche is, if you work hard enough, you will succeed.

It is the city that never sleeps

This is especially great for the millennia’s out there because at this young age, we are fully of energy and are ready to take on whatever comes our way. Especially bars. And there are a lot.

There is food everywhere

Restaurants everywhere. Food carts everywhere. Literally everywhere you turn you can find either a good hole-in-the-wall restaurant or a food truck. Sometimes, the restaurants you cannot find on the Internet are the best ones. And the food trucks are even better.

You can shop all you want.

Our wallets might say “no,” but we say “yes!” Just remember that your closet will thank you.

There is so much history

Whether it is The Statue of Liberty or Central Park or anything in between you can find so much history throughout the city. For all of the history-buffs out there, you will be able to spend time strolling down sidewalks through the amazing history that comes with New York.

It is where all of your favorite TV shows were filmed

Xoxo, Gossip Girl. There are endless places throughout the city where you can live your inner Blair or Serena. Go sit on the MET steps, eat macarons at Ladurée, and slay the city in your best outfit.

It is where all of your favorite movies were filmed

Why not stop at Grand Central Terminal where Friends with Benefits was filmed to pretend you are Mila Kunis watching Justin Timberlake do a flash mob to propose to you? Because you can do that in New York City.

It is a no-judgment zone

Everyone has a story and has come from all parts of the world. You will see literally all walks of life in New York City and the best part about it all? Nobody cares. Go out there and be yourself because you are the only judge on your life and New York City understands that.

There is nothing wrong with New York City, everything about it is right. The concrete jungle is the perfect place to begin your life and explore what it really takes to make it. New York is the answer to all the possibilities in the world. Now get out there and conquer all that the city has to offer because honestly…

Kaura Bassegio is a Saint Vincent College Alumna with a degree in marketing. As founder and former President of the St. Vincent chapter, Kaura worked on pitching ideas, editing, and leading a large team of women. Throughout her years at Saint Vincent, Kaura worked in the retail industry where she received her internship at American Eagle Outfitters. Now that she is a college graduate, Kaura will be focused on family, friends, and most importantly, finding a job! She is interested in fashion and her dream is to live and work in New York City. Follow her on Instagram: kauralbassegio