This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

PSA! Did you know you can donate old mascara wands to help save wild animals? The “Wands for Wildlife” is collecting old mascara wands to help care for animals by removing fly eggs and larva from their fur and helping take out matted areas.

Visit https://www.appalachianwild.org/wands-for-wildlife.html for the mail form and instructions for sending in your empty mascara wands.

You can also host a “Wands for Wildlife Wandraiser” to gather old mascara wands and donations in your own community to donate to the wildlife refuge.

Do not go buy empty mascara wands. If you do not have any to donate, but would still like to help out, the organization accepts donations and supplies. They have a Wishlist on their site that you can order supplies right off amazon, such as food, syringes, and gloves. Items vary in price range. The organization is a volunteer run nonprofit, so all help and support goes directly to the animals.

In case you need any more convincing for this (adorable) cause, here is a video to show you how the wands are used: https://youtu.be/-1mxQSFwYD4

HCXO,

Norina

Hello! My name is Norina Haefelin and I am a psychology and biology student at Saint Vincent College. I love adventures, travelling, and trying new and exotic foods. In my spare time, I like photography and art, cooking, and hiking. Though I am new to Her Campus, I am so excited to be a part of this wonderful community!
Juli Cehula

St Vincent '18

Hello there! I am the Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus chapter at Saint Vincent College. As a senior psychology major, I've made the most of my time in undergrad and am excited for all the doors I have opening ahead of me. I can definitely thank Her Campus for giving me invaluable skills. As a future psychologist, I hope that my articles (and the chapter's) are able to make you feel empowered, motivate you to start a conversation, and be kind. As a hero of mine has said, "If you do not take control over your time and your life, other people will gobble it up. If you don't prioritize yourself, you constantly start falling lower and lower on your list."- Michelle Obama. Be the change you want to see in the world, and smile. Always smile!