Grace Alverson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

Grace Alverson

Major: Communication with Graphic Design Minor

Year: Junior

Birthday: March 3

HC (HerCampus): What are you involved with on campus?

GA (Grace Alverson): I’m a part of The Company, APB, and I recently joined the Tech Theater Club!

HC: What is your favorite thing to do on campus?

GA: I really enjoy walking around campus either by myself, with my boyfriend, or with friends. The sunsets are very beautiful from campus so I like going on walks during the early evening.

HC: What is your favorite memory from SVC?

GA: There are a lot of amazing memories that I have here, but one of them was from a late summer night two summers ago when I worked at the box office at Saint Vincent Summer Theatre when my friends and co-workers and I were hanging out. We were just talking and making jokes throughout the night and it was a moment that really brought our friendship together.

HC: Why did you choose your major and what would you like to do after graduation? 

GA: I’ve always enjoyed watching the news and have been fascinated with it throughout my life. A few years ago, my mom’s best friend showed my parents and I the pilot episode of HBO’s The Newsroom and after watching the episode, I immediately got hooked with wanting to be involved with the news or being a part of the communications world. My plans after I graduate from SVC would be pursuing a career in PR because there’s a variety of things to do with it. I enjoy talking to people, expressing my artistic side through digital media, and I know how to remain calm during hectic situations. After having a summer internship at my school district back home in the Department of Communications, I enjoyed learning about PR and working with my wonderful boss who took me under her wing. If I don’t pursue PR, I’m just open to anything that I think is best for me and I hope that people will enjoy my work.

HC: What is an interesting fact about you? 

GA: I’m adopted from China!  

HC: With Halloween coming up, do you have any cool costume ideas in store?

GA: I’m not sure yet but I’m sure I’ll figure something out.

HC: Speaking of holidays, what is your favorite one? Why?

GA: I love Christmas because I get to see my family and relatives who live far away and who come home for the holidays. Plus, everything feels magical around that time and it makes me happy.

Juli Cehula

St Vincent '18

Hello there! I am the Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus chapter at Saint Vincent College. As a senior psychology major, I've made the most of my time in undergrad and am excited for all the doors I have opening ahead of me. I can definitely thank Her Campus for giving me invaluable skills. As a future psychologist, I hope that my articles (and the chapter's) are able to make you feel empowered, motivate you to start a conversation, and be kind. As a hero of mine has said, "If you do not take control over your time and your life, other people will gobble it up. If you don't prioritize yourself, you constantly start falling lower and lower on your list."- Michelle Obama. Be the change you want to see in the world, and smile. Always smile!