alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

#GenuinelyMeSVC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

Alright SVC, I’ve got a challenge for you. It’s a simple one, and if it takes you longer than a few minutes, you’ve got some thinking to do. The challenge is simple: share some pictures where you’re genuinely happy. Confused? Let me explain. I was looking through my Twitter yesterday when I came across the photo below. The idea for this challenge followed soon after.

As I looked through my own photos, I realized how important moments like those are. It’s so easy to get caught up in homework, exams, stress, and deadlines as a college student. It often seems like there are more obligations than there are hours in the day. There’s barely time to see your friends and enjoy being around them. Heck, there’s barely time to eat dinner sometimes. When I look back on my college years, I want to have so many memories of enjoying life with the people I loved. Having this doesn’t mean you have to ignore all of your responsibilities, but it does involve managing your time and making an effort to keep in contact with everyone. It might not be easy, but I promise it’s worth it.

So I’m asking you this: take 5 minutes out of your busy day to choose 4 photos where you are GENUINELY happy; not posing, not attempting to be perfect, but being unapologetically alive. Show me your friends and I’ll show you a future full of laughter, support, and happiness. Share your photos on Twitter with #GenuinelyMeSVC to participate. If you don’t have any photos to post: get out there and take some.

I'm Megan Miller, a senior Psychology/Sociology double major and Children's Studies minor. You can find me giving campus tours, kicked back in the Fred Rogers Center, or on a date with my homework at the local coffee shop. If there's one thing you need to know about me, it's that I approach every day with one goal: make Michelle Obama proud.
Juli Cehula

St Vincent '18

Hello there! I am the Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus chapter at Saint Vincent College. As a senior psychology major, I've made the most of my time in undergrad and am excited for all the doors I have opening ahead of me. I can definitely thank Her Campus for giving me invaluable skills. As a future psychologist, I hope that my articles (and the chapter's) are able to make you feel empowered, motivate you to start a conversation, and be kind. As a hero of mine has said, "If you do not take control over your time and your life, other people will gobble it up. If you don't prioritize yourself, you constantly start falling lower and lower on your list."- Michelle Obama. Be the change you want to see in the world, and smile. Always smile!