Creative Easter Egg Decorating Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

It’s almost Easter, and that means Easter break.  What are you going to do over break?  Decorate Easter eggs of course!  There are so many different ways to decorate Easter eggs, so how do you choose what to do?  Here are some different ideas on how to decorate Easter eggs.

1. First put the desired amount of eggs in a pot with filled to around an inch high with water.
  2. Next, heat the water until boiling, then cover and remove the pot from heat.  Set the pot aside for around 10 minutes.
  3. Once the eggs are done, rinse the eggs with cold water in a colander.
  4. Get several plastic cups (number of cups determines number of dyes) and fill them ¾ of the way full with water.
  5. Then add 1T of vinegar to the water.
  6. Next, add the die to the desired colors.
  7. Now for the decorating!!!

Different Decorating Ideas

1. Put a rubber band around the middle of the egg.  Dip the top part in one color, then dip the bottom part in another color.
  2. Get crayons out and make fun drawings or write something on the egg in crayon.  Once the egg is decorated, place the egg in dye until at desired color.
  3. Get stickers and place them on the egg in desired patterns.  Place the egg into dye.  Once the egg is the desired color, take it out of the dye and take the stickers off.
  4. Place multiple rubber bands all around the egg. Place into dye.  Once the egg is the desired color, take it out of the dye and take the rubber bands off.
  5. Cut up a cardboard light bulb box.  Paint on the crinkly inside of the box.  Roll the egg in the paint.
  6. Get aluminum foil, paper towel, and food dye.  Place the square of paper towel on a square of aluminum foil.  Put several dots of food coloring on the paper towel.  Place the egg on the paper towel.  Wrap the egg in the aluminum foil/paper towel.  Then remove from the aluminum foil/paper towel.  The egg will have tie-dyed pattern.

I am currently a senior with a major in chemistry and a minor in graphic design.
Juli Cehula

St Vincent '18

Hello there! I am the Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus chapter at Saint Vincent College. As a senior psychology major, I've made the most of my time in undergrad and am excited for all the doors I have opening ahead of me. I can definitely thank Her Campus for giving me invaluable skills. As a future psychologist, I hope that my articles (and the chapter's) are able to make you feel empowered, motivate you to start a conversation, and be kind. As a hero of mine has said, "If you do not take control over your time and your life, other people will gobble it up. If you don't prioritize yourself, you constantly start falling lower and lower on your list."- Michelle Obama. Be the change you want to see in the world, and smile. Always smile!