Courtney Kahl, World Traveler

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

Name: Courtney Kahl

Major: Management

Hometown: Derry, PA

Hi Courtney! Thank you for agreeing to interview with Her Campus Saint Vincent. 

Her Campus (HC): I know that you are involved in a lot on campus, between your work study, cheerleading, internships, and classes! How do you find a healthy balance?

Courtney Kahl (CK): I spread each of my priorities out and make sure that they all don’t collide on the same day! The days that I work at my work study, I have the least amount of classes. I only work my internship on weekends and have cheerleading during weeknights. Time management is one of my main strengths and key to keeping a healthy balance of work load.

(HC): You’ve had a lot of real life experience in your field of study, with both internships and work study positions. What do you like best about your program?

(CK): I love that management can take me down multiple career paths. I enjoy human resources management and the experience I have gained throughout my internship, but I am also exploring the possibilities of pursuing a career in the operational excellence or project management part of management. No matter where I end up, I know that I love management so I will be happy with what I am doing.

(HC): What are some of your favorite activities to do outside of the classroom?

(CK): I enjoy doing yoga to relieve stress, along with procrastinating by watching Netflix.

(HC): Yoga is such a great way to relax! I know you’re local like me. Did you always want to go to Saint Vincent?

(CK): I always knew I wanted to stay close to home, but I contemplated Saint Vincent, IUP, and Seton Hill. However, once I visited SVC, I never felt more at home.

(HC): We’re nearing the end of the semester. How do you stay motivated when the work load becomes so overwhelming?

(CK): Going to the gym regularly helps to keep me focused and gives me breaks during my study routine. Running is a great stress reliever and can make me more motivated to study. Coffee also keeps me going.

(HC): We all need a strong support system to help us through college. Who are you biggest supporters?

(CK): My mom has always been my biggest supporter throughout my entire life. She’s always there to send me food and lots of chocolate. And of course she sends me cute texts to get through the day! My boyfriend, Matt, also gets me through the week. Knowing that I’ll get to hang out with him all weekend helps to make the week go faster.

(HC): That’s so sweet! What are you most looking forward to over Christmas break?

(CK): Spending time with my family, friends, and of course my cat. I’m excited to relax and catch up on sleep.

(HC): What’s one of your favorite memories from this semester?

(CK): Cotillon is always my favorite part of the semester. The sushi bar made it a perfect night!

(HC): It’s hard to believe that we’re already talking about spring semester! What is something you’re most looking forward to next year?

(CK): I’m looking forward to traveling next semester. I am going to Las Vegas for my 21st birthday, New York City with Women in Business Club, Spain with OE, and Rome with Campus Ministry. Next semester will be the best semester of my college career.

(HC): That is so exciting! I know I can’t wait for our trip to Spain. Finally, what is your favorite part about being a student at Saint Vincent?

(CK): The feeling of closeness and the hospitality in our community is the best thing about Saint Vincent. I feel loved and at home here and I will never take that for granted. I never want to leave

Juli Cehula

St Vincent '18

Hello there! I am the Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus chapter at Saint Vincent College. As a senior psychology major, I've made the most of my time in undergrad and am excited for all the doors I have opening ahead of me. I can definitely thank Her Campus for giving me invaluable skills. As a future psychologist, I hope that my articles (and the chapter's) are able to make you feel empowered, motivate you to start a conversation, and be kind. As a hero of mine has said, "If you do not take control over your time and your life, other people will gobble it up. If you don't prioritize yourself, you constantly start falling lower and lower on your list."- Michelle Obama. Be the change you want to see in the world, and smile. Always smile!