8 Ways “Elf” Sums up Your Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

It’s the last week of the semester. Rather than the stockings being hung with care and slumbers filled with sweet sugarplum fairy dreams, it’s the total opposite. Papers are scattered every where. Food seems to just be disappearing, and you’re not too sure if your roommate has gone missing or is just lost in the twenty assignments due by the end of the week. However, I think something that is always conforting is that we can all stick together because this time of the year just sucks to be a student. Keeping with the holiday spirit, here’s eight times Elf, and the Elf meme creaters hit it right on the head with our feelings!

When you forget about an assignment that’s due… add that one to the list that never is going to end!

When the person who never comes to class and you thought dropped the class weeks ago but shows up to the final

When you just don’t even look both ways because, does it really matter? You just can’t even. 

The feeling of strong and healthy will depricate at above average rates if you don’t get sufficient sleep so, good luck with that. 

You want it to be Christmas so bad that you try turning everything into something festive just to try to brighten your mood and make yourself a little “merry.”

Your professor gives you a new assignment the last week of classes… obviously he’s an angry elf. 

Your roommate hasn’t been able to clean up in days and you just kinda give the look of “come on now we have to clean a little bit, it may give us the only sanity we have left.”

At the end of the day…

Even though sometimes it feels like the day is never ending, and you’re not going to be able to accomplish everything, you still did it! This is a pre-congratulations to all of you for getting done what you need to get done. 

We are proud of you HC St. Vincent! 

Juli Cehula

St Vincent '18

Hello there! I am the Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus chapter at Saint Vincent College. As a senior psychology major, I've made the most of my time in undergrad and am excited for all the doors I have opening ahead of me. I can definitely thank Her Campus for giving me invaluable skills. As a future psychologist, I hope that my articles (and the chapter's) are able to make you feel empowered, motivate you to start a conversation, and be kind. As a hero of mine has said, "If you do not take control over your time and your life, other people will gobble it up. If you don't prioritize yourself, you constantly start falling lower and lower on your list."- Michelle Obama. Be the change you want to see in the world, and smile. Always smile!