10 Ways to Handle Finals Week like a Boss

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

Who said finals had to be complete torture?

1) Take time to de-stress!

Make sure finals week isn’t all about hitting the books. Take time to yourself, and read a book (not a textbook) or go for a walk! Don’t make studying a priority over your health or wellness.

2) Go out with your girls

Have a GNO! Not much studying can get done on a Friday or Saturday night anyways, so you might as well go out with your friends or roommate. Getting off campus for a little and going out to eat or to see a movie can help you relax and get your mind off of finals.

3) Have a spa day

Take time not only to improve your emotional and mental health, but your physical health as well. Go get a massage or a facial, it will help rejuvenate you! If you don’t have time for those, paint your nails or use a bath bomb. It will help you feel calm, and at least your nails will look good while turning the pages of your textbook.

4) Make studying fun

Study with friends, if it’s not too distracting. Have them quiz you on notecards, or have a study game set up. Reward yourself with treats, like candy or chocolate every so many pages of vocabulary words. Get creative, it’ll make studying easier!

5) Set specific breaks

Don’t overwork yourself. Set specific time for study breaks. Make sure not to go over them, though. The last thing you need is to lose an hour of studying because you were going through Instagram.

6) Sleep, sleep, sleep

Study hard, sleep harder. Be sure to get your 8 hours (if not more) no matter how hard it seems. Sleep is so important! Make time for a good night’s sleep and even some power naps throughout the day.

7) Make Starbucks your friend

While you shouldn’t rely entirely on caffeine to keep you up and working, a cup or two in the morning won’t hurt. Don’t drink coffee before going to bed or late at night, no matter how much you think you need it. If you’re tired, go to bed.

8) Budget your time

Be sure to not get stuck studying one subject all day, right before the test. Start studying a week or two before the exam, and you’ll be a lot less stressed about it.

9) Have confidence

Don’t go into the test with any doubts. Be assured that you studied the most you could and that you’re going to do great. Confidence is key.

10) Look good, feel good, do good

As hard as it may seem to get up a little earlier to look good for your exam, it might actually help. If you look good and feel good about yourself, it’s said that you’ll do better on your exam. Now, there’s no proven correlation between a killer winged eyeliner and an A on the test, but it can’t hurt right?

Freshman Communication major at Saint Vincent College Currently working in Events and dreaming of a job working for the Pittsburgh Pirates
Juli Cehula

St Vincent '18

Hello there! I am the Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus chapter at Saint Vincent College. As a senior psychology major, I've made the most of my time in undergrad and am excited for all the doors I have opening ahead of me. I can definitely thank Her Campus for giving me invaluable skills. As a future psychologist, I hope that my articles (and the chapter's) are able to make you feel empowered, motivate you to start a conversation, and be kind. As a hero of mine has said, "If you do not take control over your time and your life, other people will gobble it up. If you don't prioritize yourself, you constantly start falling lower and lower on your list."- Michelle Obama. Be the change you want to see in the world, and smile. Always smile!