Yassmine Sarkarati ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Yassmine Sarkarati ’16, Psychology major with concentrations in Neuroscience and Environmental Studies

1. How are you involved on campus? I’m a member of ADC and a Peer Advisor at the Piper Center.

2. What’s your favorite song right now? Style by Taylor Swift.

3. Most recently watched show/movie on Netflix? Unfortunately, I don’t have Netflix…but if I did it would be the Bachelor.

4. Who is your favorite professor at St. Olaf and why? Joan Hepburn. I had her for First Year Writing and she is filled with wisdom. Whenever I see her around campus she always asks how I’m doing and gives me amazing advice.

5. Have any advice to the freshmen on campus? If you haven’t yet, go to El Triunfo! They have the best Mexican food!

6. Who are your role models? My sissies :)

7. Celebrity crush? Matt Damon.

8. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Arlington, Iowa…lol

9. If you could speak any language, what would it be? Spanish.

10. What are your plans for the summer? This summer I’m doing a program through St. Olaf called “Social Entrepreneurship Scholars!” Basically 11 other students and I are going to live in a house on Summit Avenue next to Macalester College, and each of us will have an internship revolving around social change. There are a wide variety of internships, and right now all of us are in the process of interviewing at the different places to figure out which ones are the best fit for us. There will also be seminars with St. Olaf Professors, so there’s an academic portion to it as well. I can’t wait! 

Photos taken from Yassmine’s Facebook profile, with permission.