This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Hey everyone!

Thanksgiving has come to an end, which means winter is officially in session. And this holiday season is going to be one to remember! With Christmas Fest in action and lights hanging around campus, there is a definite sense of holiday spirit.  And without hesitation, many folks uncover their infamous ugly Christmas sweaters. But I think this season calls for something more fashionable.  Here is a list of festive, inexpensive and stylish sweaters!

Oversized Fluff

Us Trendy: $38 – One Size – Black, Blue, Yellow, Coral

This sweater is perfect for the winter weather. The roomy style will keep you cozy all day, especially with the help of the fluffy material. The pattern is subtle enough to keep this wintery pattern trendy. All you need is a cute pair of jeans and a warm hat to match, and you are set for a chilly festive day. 

Sweatshirt

U Do Buy: $42 – One Size – Gray, White

If you aren’t into Christmas sweaters this year, try a sweatshirt! They are much more casual, but still just as warm and comfy as a sweater. To play up the look, try pairing it with jeans and riding boots. Or stick with leggings and winter boots if you want complete comfort. The choice is yours!

Cozy Geometric

Us Trendy: $25 – One Size – Red

This sweater is seasonally versatile. It can be worn as a fall sweater with simple jeans and boots. It can be a spring sweater with boyfriend jeans and brightly colored flats. It can be a summer sweater with cutoff jean shorts and sandals.  Or (can you guess?), it can be a winter sweater! In winter this sweater provides enough warmth and style to last the entire day. 

Cardigan

Abaday: $41 – One Size – Black

Once again, if you are not looking for a sweater, try a cardigan. They are both chic and warm. This black and white cardigan is perfect for a trendy winter day, since the neutral colors go with just about anything! Pair it with a colored scarf and you are set to celebrate the season.

Now that you have some ideas, it is time to put them to use! Plan fun activities this winter, like ice-skating or cookie baking – and be sure to wear your new look. Ugly Christmas sweaters have their time and place, but this season you need to keep your eye on these cozy, fashionable ones. 

Stay warm and stay stylish, Oles! xoxo

Photo Cred

Cover One Two Three Four