Life > Experiences

StoLife: 7 Signs That We All Need Thanksgiving Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

It’s about that time to write a bitter article about how it’s about time for break, right? (I’ll write about gratitude and thankfulness next week, I promise.) The past two weeks have been a giant mass of anticipation, due dates and stressed out people on the Hill. In case you haven’t realized, here are some of the warning signs that we’re all more than ready for Thanksgiving Break. As usual, I will depict this train of thought with a bunch of animal pictures. Enjoy.

If you ask anyone “How are you?” they usually respond “I had three tests and a paper this week” and they don’t even tell you how they are. They recite their to-do list for you and expect you to assume from there that their life is practically ending.

Forced small talk conversations are more about holiday plans than the weather for once! “So are you like going home for Thanksgiving?” “Where are you from again?”

On the contrary, everyone is cold and in deep denial about it.

Moving on, the squirrels are so fat. They are now small bunnies or dogs. Seriously look at them. They’re ready for a break, too.

Caf food seems less interesting, the thrill and novelty of checking your PO has highly decreased, and skipping class seems more like a God-given right than a mistake.

Students are sick. Professors are sick. You may choke on your own spit or sniffle from the wind and someone immediately asks “ARE YOU SICK NOW TOO?!?!?!?!?!!!”

It isn’t called stress-eating, we’re just training for Thanksgiving food….

All in all, we’re ready to cozy up on the couch at home and count our blessings. How do you spend your Thanksgiving?

Photos: Stressed elephant, Excited bears love festivities, bitter, me, unimpressed, cough, member of clean plate club