StO-Style: An Ear Extravaganza!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Anyone who knows me well will tell you that I’m a jewelry lover. No matter what store I’m in, be it Savers or Macy’s, I can always find at least one piece of jewelry that I have to take home with me. Jewelry is an easy way to switch up your look or your outfit, and it doesn’t have to be expensive– stores like Forever 21, Topshop and even Target have a wide array of pieces that can freshen up anyone’s look.

Lucky for me, a lot of jewelry trends have hit the masses the past few seasons (friendship bracelets, arm parties, statement necklaces, stacks of thin rings…). But the one I’m most excited for (that’s just getting hot!) involves loading your ears up with as many gems as they can hold. Call it the ‘ear extravaganza’.

You may be thinking, ‘How am I supposed to load up my ears with gems when I only have a few piercings?” Fear not! There are many options out there, some of which I have collected below. Read on!

1.  $169 – my-wardrobe.com  2. $12 – mikkatmarket.com 3. $18 – urbanoutfitters.co 4. $16 – urbanoutfitters.com 5. $525 – shopbop.com 6. $18 – urbanoutfitters.co 7. $18 – topshop.com 8. $68 – urbanoutfitters.co 9. $15 – urbanoutfitters.com 10. £12 – asos.com 11. $18 – topshop.com

Start off your ear extravaganza by throwing on an interesting pair of dangly earrings, like #1, #2, #5, #7, or #11. Have your ears pierced twice? Try a pair of mismatched studs (#8) or neon rhinestones (#9) in the second hole. Then, add fun accouterments in the form of ear cuffs – #4 even connects to a comb for your hair! 

When looking for the right earrings for your ear extravaganza, keep this rule in mind: the more interesting they are, the better. Don’t be afraid to create a statement – wear your hair in a top knot or a French braid for maximum impact!

So have an ear extravaganza and stay fashionable, St. Olaf!

Images from Pinterest/ Style Board from Polyvore

Katie is a recent graduate (and proud alum - UM YA YA!) of St. Olaf College, a small liberal arts college in Minnesota. A true Minnesota girl through and through, Katie was formerly a fashion blogger and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus St. Olaf College before becoming a contributing writer for the national site. She currently works as a marketing assistant and is interested in further pursuing a career in marketing, PR, journalism, editing...(she has no idea, if you can't tell). Katie is passionate about traveling and wants to stamp up her passport as much as possible. Katie enjoys social media, blogs, Speculoos cookie butter, dressing for success, fashion magazines and extensively quoting pop culture in social situations (especially 30 Rock). Her one party trick is knowing all the words to "Freaks and Geeks" by Childish Gambino.   
Founder and executive editor of the St. Olaf chapter of Her Campus, Lucy Casale is a senior English major with women's studies and media studies concentrations at St. Olaf College. A current editorial intern at MSP Communications in Minneapolis, MN, Lucy has interned at WCCO-TV/CBS Minnesota, Marie Claire magazine, and two newspapers. Visit her digital portfolio: lucysdigitalportfolio.weebly.com