This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Just Kidding.

There is always that day in spring where the sun is shining and the snow has melted, and you truly believe it’s spring. And then winter strikes again. It’s science (anything in pie chart form is science, right?)

Well now it is time to rewind and look back at some winter wear. Or at least enough to get you through this last stretch! So rather than throwing on your black jacket with your black jeans and your black shoes, pull out some color. That way the hope of spring is still alive.

Hat (Love Your Melon)

Love Your Melon is an amazing Minnesota company that changes the lives of those battling cancer. Their hats come in different styles and colors, which allows you to find the right one for you. And when you purchase yours, a child with cancer will receive one of his or her own.

Boots

Rain boots work for both snow and rain, so they are an easy transition from winter to spring! Wear a bright pair to stand out in the snow, and when it finally melts your shoes will match any spring outfit.

Sweater

A sweater is a winter classic. While black seems to be the color of the season, try a neon to spice up your wardrobe. The color will keep your spirit up for the warm weather to come! And you can always wear a bright sweater on those chilly spring evenings.

Vest

Prep up your look with a quilted vest! If you already own one from winter, consider purchasing a separate one for spring. Keep the color light, and that way you can wear it as either a statement piece or an accessory to a colorful spring outfit.

Scarf

Scarves are both functional and fashionable, you can wear them in many different styles and they go with any outfit – so consider one for the coming months. Just as the other pieces, a scarf can be worn in any month. Just quickly add it onto a look and it will change the whole effect. And by choosing a neon, it shows you’re ready for some warmer weather.

Coat

The last thing you can do for this continued winter season is find a warm jacket. I am sure you already own one since in Minnesota it’s practically required, but maybe find a new one in a color that you wouldn’t usually choose. Look for a bright blue one, or maybe pink or green! This way, no matter the season, you’ll have a jacket to show off.

There you have it: a complete list of winter items that’ll keep you excited for spring. At this time of the year, focus on color. Find the right shades for you, try out different looks, and enjoy the last bit of cold before the warm weather is here to stay.

Stay Stylish, Oles xoxo

Cover Pie Chart Hat Boots Sweater Vest Scarf Coat