This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

over the past few days the way i’ve viewed the country has been uprooted and made horrible. needless to say ive been listening to a lot of sad music with strong connotation. the darkest days sometimes require the darkest songs, so here’s some of my favorites.

“12 through 15” -Mayday Parade

this song has an angrier vibe, with a lot of raw emotion. Mayday Parade has killer vocals and great backing tracks. the radio vibe at the beginning is really cool and it just gets me pumped. 

“Ever After” -Marianas Trench

a song of loss, it slowly builds into something beautiful and agressive. it gets more and more intense as the song goes on and its grows beautifully and it becomes something strong and powerful.

“Truce” -twenty one pilots

this song just hits to my core. its a plea to stay alive, something we all need right now. please please stay alive.

due to current political waters i’m not really in the best place to be writing as elegantly as i usually do. next week i will come back and be furious, but right now i need time to recover and collect.

remember to send love, and to look at dogs

passionate about equality, feminism, music and pop culture. a bit of a makeup girl and an avid user of all lowercase letters