People of St. Olaf: Megan Grimes ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Photo courtesy of Megan Grimes(pictured above on the right)

Year: 2019

Major: Exercise Science with a Management Concentration

Who is your favorite celebrity?: Kehlani

Favorite pump up/workout song?: Monster- (Kanye West, JAY Z, Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj)

Would you rather go hiking in the Himalayas or relax on a beach in Hawaii?: Can I do both please?

What was your favorite year in school (Kindergarten-12) and why?: 3rd Grade, I got gummy bears after class everyday.

Are you involved in any clubs at St. Olaf?: Captain of the Women’s Volleyball Team and a Women in Business Club Member

What is your favorite past-time activity?: Coming up with new caf-creations

Favorite Winter Olympics sport to watch?: Ice Skating

Do you like the Summer Olympics or Winter better?: Summer Olympics….I’m obsessed with watching Track and Field

Favorite class taken at St. Olaf so far: Nutrition and Wellness is tied with Management

What do you look forward to after attaining a college degree?: I’m excited to find a career working with people with similar goals, to live closer to all my friends who have graduated from Olaf and are now in the Twin Cities, and I might even get a dog or something.

Favorite quote: She who has the will to win cannot be beaten

Your biggest pet-peeve?: Improper uses of your and you’re.

What is the strangest food combination you have had and would recommend?: I put pepperoni on ice cream once, don’t think I recommend that though.

Favorite activity to do with friends: Play some volleyball/board games/Gamecube

How has the Hill helped you further a passion in your life?: I really value human health, and the Hill is constantly encouraging care whether that be access to a variety of fitness classes, home grown food, and mental health awareness. In the communities I move to I want to make sure that type of access is available for the adults and children living there.

Is there anything at St. Olaf that you look forward to pursuing more?: I am interning with our Associate Athletic Director and he has new projects/challenges for me each day.

How has St. Olaf helped you develop your future plans?: I’ve been able to work in a variety of settings around the athletic community (Sports Medicine, Strength and Performance, Coaching, Videography and Photography, Sports Information, and Sports Management) and getting tons of hands on experience to find where I truly excel.

Should pineapple on pizza be a thing or not?: Most Definitely

“Megan on her semester trip in Perth Australia,” photo courtesy of Megan Grimes(pictured above)